Looking for a great place to work where your contributions are valued and you can help make a difference in a city of vibrant communities?
This is an incredible opportunity to work for one of BC's top employers for six consecutive years and to contribute to the exciting evolution of the City of Surrey!
||Technical Support Specialist 2
||Full Time Regular
Under general supervision, the Technical Support Specialist builds, tests, maintains and operates associated technology. Tasks in this role may include:
• Completing service requests and incidents within specified time periods
• 1st and 2nd level client support
• Investigating, assessing and resolving software, hardware, and communication problems on networked computer.
• Isolating and resolving performance issues
• Building, re-imaging, upgrading or replacing desktop hardware, software and peripherals.
As the ideal candidate, you will complete work assignments and react to situations and problems by taking actions and balancing priorities. You also consult and collaborate with others as required and are able to function as a specialist within a team environment by providing information related to area of expertise. In addition, you provide advice and guidance to junior staff in a proactive manner, also for limited time periods, you may be responsible for assisting in planning and organizing work assignments of junior staff.
You demonstrate expert skills in and knowledge (development level) of a full range of specialized tools and technical procedures. You also use writing and presentation skills to give and receive complex/technical information, problems and scenarios in a clear and understandable manner. You remain up-to-date on current developments and trends in information technologically. You are able to think logically and analytically in a problem solving environment and effectively communicate both orally and in writing. You also have the ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines established according to corporate priorities.
||Qualified applicants will have completed ONE of the following:
• Diploma in a directly related field from a recognized institution plus 4 years of directly related experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in a directly related field from a recognized institution plus 2 years of directly related experience
• Technical Courses in the field supplemented with 6 years of directly related experience
• Experience should include at least 1 year at the Technical Support Specialist 1 level or acceptable equivalent
||Effective fall 2013, City Hall will be moving to a new state-of-the-art facility located in North Surrey (King George and 104th area). Surrey's New City Hall (NCH) is part of the Build Surrey program, designed to make Surrey an even more exciting place to live and work, and to position the city for growth over the next decade. NCH will act as a catalyst to stimulate job creation in the city and will be easily accessible to residents and businesses.
||This position requires completion of criminal record check.
Integrity - Service - Teamwork - Innovation - Community
Click Apply to Job if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.