Looking for a great place to work where your contributions are valued and you can help make a difference in a city of vibrant communities?
This is an incredible opportunity to work for one of BC's top employers for six consecutive years and to contribute to the exciting evolution of the City of Surrey!
||Visual Art Instructors: Children - Winter 2013
Develop and instruct visual art classes for children aged 2 –16 years old, in the following positions:
1. Spring Break Camp Instructors (various age groups from 6 -13): acrylic painting, general art programs.
2. Children’s Course Instructors (various age groups from 5-13): clay, comics, general art programs.
3. Preschool Course Instructors (2 – 5yrs): general art programs (Instructor is required to hold an ECE certificate).
Other duties would include: Set up and clean-up after each class; submit detailed lesson plans/course outline for each course or workshop; maintain the safety of the participants in the classes and uphold the high quality and professionalism of the Surrey Art Gallery.
- Has completed or is working towards a post-secondary degree or diploma in visual art, art education or a related field.
- Has previous experience teaching art to children.
- Has an understanding of child development, including artistic expression.
- Has knowledge of the methodologies associated with the delivery of educational programs for young children.
- Has strong communication and organizational skills.
- Is willing to obtain a First Aid and CPR certificate.
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal record check.
Effective fall 2013, City Hall will be moving to a new state-of-the-art facility located in North Surrey (King George and 104th area). Surrey's New City Hall (NCH) is part of the Build Surrey program, designed to make Surrey an even more exciting place to live and work, and to position the city for growth over the next decade. NCH will act as a catalyst to stimulate job creation in the city and will be easily accessible to residents and businesses.
||This position requires completion of criminal record check.
Integrity - Service - Teamwork - Innovation - Community
Click Apply to Job if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.