Looking for a great place to work where your contributions are valued and you can help make a difference in a city of vibrant communities?
This is an incredible opportunity to work for one of BC's top employers for six consecutive years and to contribute to the exciting evolution of the City of Surrey!
||Full Time Regular
Working in the Utilities and Transportation Planning sections, the Clerk 2 performs clerical work and will be the first point of contact for consultants, residents, and other members of the public. Other related duties may include gathering information, processing documents at a routine level, and performing various office duties.
Top applicants will have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Exceptional public relations and customer service skills and effectively deal with a wide range of individuals.
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and exercise sound judgement.
- Detail oriented and able to use computer applications.
- General knowledge of Civil Engineering.
Applicants given consideration will meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by courses in work processing, office practices, and related computer applications.
- One year’s experience and training in an office environment.
- An accurate typing speed of 45 (net) wpm
- Previous experience working in an administrative capacity for an Engineering firm or department would be considered an asset.
||Effective fall 2013, City Hall will be moving to a new state-of-the-art facility located in North Surrey (King George and 104th area). Surrey's New City Hall (NCH) is part of the Build Surrey program, designed to make Surrey an even more exciting place to live and work, and to position the city for growth over the next decade. NCH will act as a catalyst to stimulate job creation in the city and will be easily accessible to residents and businesses.
Integrity - Service - Teamwork - Innovation - Community
Click Apply to Job if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.