Looking for a great place to work where your contributions are valued and you can help make a difference in a city of vibrant communities?
This is an incredible opportunity to work for one of BC's top employers for six consecutive years and to contribute to the exciting evolution of the City of Surrey!
||By-Law Enforcement Officer 1
||Full Time Regular
||Union - CUPE Local 402
||The City of Surrey is seeking career-minded individuals to fill the role of Bylaw Enforcement Officer. Working in the By-Law Enforcement & Licensing Section you will be responsible for performing a variety of inspections and regulatory investigational work:
• processing By-law violations and complaints,
• recommending legal action
• gathering sufficient evidence to support charges (integral to this position).
The successful candidate is a self-starter with a good aptitude for problem solving. You:
- must be conversant with the “rules of evidence”
- must be able to attend Court to present evidence
- will have broad experience and demonstrated leadership skills in the areas of law enforcement, security, and customer service
- have relevant post secondary diploma (eg in criminology, judicial proceedings or regulatory/public administration)
- as well as have completed By-law Enforcement & Investigative Level 1 or equivalent
- have a minimum of 4 full time years related enforcement or field investigative experience
- or an equivalent combination of knowledge and experience in an enforcement or investigative field
- have excellent communication skills and ability to interpret and explain by-laws, policies and regulations to the public
- have an ability to deal with potentially confrontational matters with tact and diplomacy.
You must have a valid BC driver’s license with a safe driving history and be able to pass and maintain an RCMP Security Clearance.
We’re looking for a future-focused, hardworking individual with a strong sense of integrity. If you are motivated to offer Surrey residents a better community, even under strained circumstances, we want to hear from you.
||Effective February 2014, City Hall will be moving to a new state-of-the-art facility located in North Surrey (King George and 104th area). Surrey's New City Hall (NCH) is part of the Build Surrey program, designed to make Surrey an even more exciting place to live and work, and to position the city for growth over the next decade. NCH will act as a catalyst to stimulate job creation in the city and will be easily accessible to residents and businesses.
Integrity - Service - Teamwork - Innovation - Community
Click Apply to Job if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.