Looking for a great place to work where your contributions are valued and you can help make a difference in a city of vibrant communities?
This is an incredible opportunity to work for one of BC's top employers for six consecutive years and to contribute to the exciting evolution of the City of Surrey!
||Full Time Regular
||This is a major opportunity for someone to participate in shaping and implementing a website which showcases the City of Surrey as a progressive, innovative, bold city which is on its way of becoming a cosmopolitan city.
Some of the core principles of this project are community centric, connectedness (allowing for two-way dialogue, i.e., Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc.), reflecting transparency and sustainable solutions.
||Reporting to the Web and New Media Manager, you will
• participate with senior staff in the analysis, strategic planning and design for the development and expansion of Internet services,
• identify opportunities and issues surrounding existing and proposed services based on broad understanding of user and business needs,
• prepare and present recommendations and reports based on existing services as well as past and proposed web projects,
• develop and execute strategies for gathering internal and external feedback to mould and guide website direction.
We will also rely on you to
• lead approved projects,
• leverage content, experience and share ability on all City of Surrey websites through strategic planning together with the Web Editor and Social Media Coordinator,
• support the Web Editor by editing content based on City web standards and participating in content audits to unify and optimize the relationship between content and technology,
• plan and coordinate the ongoing development and redesign of all City of Surrey websites,
• train and coordinate communications on CMS processes and website changes for internal staff
• define goals and objectives, project assignments and schedules, and
• participate in the selection of vendors.
You will also oversee the work of consultants and junior staff and monitor project budgets and adherence to schedules.
||The qualified candidate will be a University graduate in communications or a related field who has completed courses related to website communication and development and possesses 5 years’ experience in directly related work, or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
You must be a strategic thinker capable of incorporating leading edge web practices that position us at the forefront of innovation.
Grow your career where innovation happens every day.
||Effective fall 2013, City Hall will be moving to a new state-of-the-art facility located in North Surrey (King George and 104th area). Surrey's New City Hall (NCH) is part of the Build Surrey program, designed to make Surrey an even more exciting place to live and work, and to position the city for growth over the next decade. NCH will act as a catalyst to stimulate job creation in the city and will be easily accessible to residents and businesses.
Integrity - Service - Teamwork - Innovation - Community
Click Apply to Job if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.