Looking for a great place to work where your contributions are valued and you can help make a difference in a city of vibrant communities?
This is an incredible opportunity to work for one of BC's top employers for six consecutive years and to contribute to the exciting evolution of the City of Surrey!
||Fire Safety Technician
||Full Time Regular
||Union - CUPE Local 402
||Reporting the Facilities Maintenance & Operations Manager the successful candidate will perform skilled work of considerable responsibility in testing, inspecting, installing and maintaining requirements for city wide fire alarm and suppression systems in accordance with applicable codes, standards, regulations and City policies.
||You will be responsible for:
- Inspecting, testing, repairing, replacing and maintaining fire protection and alarm equipment.
- Performing installation and verification activities on fire protection and alarm equipment.
- Performing preventative maintenance functions.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings, plans, schematics, submittals and specifications for facilities.
- Completing verification reports, work orders, detailed service reports and other related documentation.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of various products and equipment.
- Programming custom operations on network systems and microprocessors.
- Responding to service and trouble calls.
- Responding to internal and external inquiries.
- Performing a variety of troubleshooting functions.
- Assisting in preparing estimates of costs, time, material and equipment for projects.
- Keeping accurate records, including logs of inspections and activities.
- Operating vehicle to and from job sites.
- Assisting other staff in performing their duties and other duties related duties as required.
||The successful incumbent will possess the following:
- Strong knowledge and expertise with fire alarm and suppression systems and ability to troubleshoot, and repair and maintain fire protection and alarm systems.
- Considerable knowledge of the National Fire Protection Act, applicable safety regulations, relevant section of the BC Building and Fire Codes.
- Knowledge of applicable practices, principles, techniques, materials and equipment.
- An excellent ability to communicate and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to maintain detailed and accurate reports and records; interpret and work from blueprints, drawings and plan; and program operations on microprocessor based systems without supervision.
- Completion of Fire Protection Certification Program and a minimum of seven (7) years related experience is required and certification by the Applied Science Technologists & Technicians of BC (ASTTBC) or equivalent. You must have a valid B.C. Driver’s License with a safe driving record.
To see some of the amazing Facilities the position will be working on/in please click the following links to take you to our Youtube Channel.
City Centre Library
Fraser Heights Recreation Centre
||This position requires completion of a RCMP enhanced security clearance.
Integrity - Service - Teamwork - Innovation - Community
Click Apply to Job if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.