Looking for a great place to work where your contributions are valued and you can help make a difference in a city of vibrant communities?
This is an incredible opportunity to work for one of BC's top employers for six consecutive years and to contribute to the exciting evolution of the City of Surrey!
||Clerk Typist 3 (Temp - Up To 6 Months)
||Full Time Temporary
Working under the direction of the Administrative Coordinator this position will perform administrative support to senior staff and management.
Responsibilities may include:
• Composing a variety of correspondence and documents
• Assembling and preparation of reports
• Scheduling, training and monitoring the work of junior staff
• Explaining moderately complex departmental rules, practices and procedures to public and staff
• Answering the telephone and records information and referring persons seeking information or assistance to appropriate departmental staff
• Assisting other administrative staff in performing their duties as required
The successful applicant will have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Excellent interpersonal skills and who are able to adapt quickly to changing needs in a fast-paced office environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• High attention to detail and accuracy.
• Good interpersonal and public relation skills
• Effective problem solving skills and exercises independence of judgment, within specific guidelines when performing the duties of the position are also required.
The successful candidate will have completed grade 12 supplemented by several courses in word processing, office practices and computer office applications, plus have at least two years experience in an office environment with some supervisory experience.
A minimum of 60 wpm typing speed is required.
Please include a cover letter with application.
||Effective fall 2013, City Hall will be moving to a new state-of-the-art facility located in North Surrey (King George and 104th area). Surrey's New City Hall (NCH) is part of the Build Surrey program, designed to make Surrey an even more exciting place to live and work, and to position the city for growth over the next decade. NCH will act as a catalyst to stimulate job creation in the city and will be easily accessible to residents and businesses.
Integrity - Service - Teamwork - Innovation - Community
Click Apply to Job if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.