Reporting directly to the Manager, Animal Care & Control your main responsibilities will be to patrol designated areas of Surrey, conduct investigative and regulatory work, and enforce municipal by-laws and licensing regulations related to animals.
The Animal Control Officer will:
• Receive calls from the public in regards to animal related issues and follow up with affected parties
• Investigate complaints regarding animal related by-law violations, including biting or barking dogs and animal cruelty complaints
• Catch and transport stray animals
• Enforce animal control by-laws and licensing regulations by issuing warning notices, notices of offence, orders to comply, court orders and request warrants
• Perform related clerical work.