Looking for a great place to work where your contributions are valued and you can help make a difference in a city of vibrant communities?
This is an incredible opportunity to work for one of BC's top employers for six consecutive years and to contribute to the exciting evolution of the City of Surrey!
||Applications Analyst 2 (AMANDA)
||Full Time Regular
You’ll turn your attention to investigating, analyzing and specifying business information systems to meet our clients’ business needs. Reporting to the Applications Manager the Applications Analyst 2 will be responsible for investigating, analyzing specific business information systems to meet clients’ business needs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• considering the business implications of applying information technology to clients’ current business environment
• engaging in research and fact-finding to formulate and define the scope and objectives of business systems within the city
• performing analysis, design, development, implementation, documentation and maintenance of custom software applications for both business and technical information systems,
• providing troubleshooting assistance and end-user support to our clients.
The ideal candidate will have broad technical knowledge of application system infrastructure, enterprise application configuration and integration.
Experience with the AMANDA business process automation platform as well as Oracle Databases, PL/SQL and SQL Programming, business application administration and configuration, working knowledge in a Microsoft Windows environment, and System Development Lifecycle experience would be considered an asset.
The successful candidate will have one of the following:
• a related Bachelor’s degree with 3 full time years of directly related experience; or
• a diploma in a directly related field plus 5 full time years of directly related experience; or
• technical courses in the field plus 7 full time years of directly related experience.
Experience is to include at least one year at the Application Analyst 1 level or acceptable equivalent.
||Effective February 2014, City Hall will be moving to a new state-of-the-art facility located in North Surrey (King George and 104th area). Surrey's New City Hall (NCH) is part of the Build Surrey program, designed to make Surrey an even more exciting place to live and work, and to position the city for growth over the next decade. NCH will act as a catalyst to stimulate job creation in the city and will be easily accessible to residents and businesses.
||This position requires completion of criminal record check.
Integrity - Service - Teamwork - Innovation - Community
Click Apply to Job if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.