Looking for a great place to work where your contributions are valued and you can help make a difference in a city of vibrant communities?
This is an incredible opportunity to work for one of BC's top employers for six consecutive years and to contribute to the exciting evolution of the City of Surrey!
Apply to Job Tell A Friend
||Application Analyst 2 – Business Intelligence & Reporting
||Full Time Regular
||Union - CUPE Local 402
|Job Posting Number
||Under general supervision, you will investigate, analyze and specify corporate business information systems to meet clients’ business needs. You will consider the business implications of applying information technology to clients’ business environment, and through research and fact-finding, combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements, formulate and define the scope and objectives, and develop information requirements. You will be able to assist clients identify current business processes and propose new business processes to enable business efficiencies.
As an intermediate Application Analyst you will function as a specialist within a team environment by providing information related to the area of expertise, provide advice and guidance to junior staff in a proactive manner as required and may be responsible for assisting in planning and organizing work assignments of junior staff.
||Your responsibilities may include:
• Working with the business, architects, IT staff, vendors, manufacturers, analysts and other stakeholders to determine the business intelligence and reporting strategies, dependencies, directions, standards, and to champion the adoption and maintenance of these within the City
• Providing business information, analytical advice, decision support and assistance in defining the business intelligence and reporting practices, adaptation and integration with other applications, to ensure forward thinking, customer focused business intelligence report development
• Providing direction, detailed technical advice on solutions, business methods and processes through a business level understanding to ensure the City remains at the forefront of emerging trends to achieve the business values and objectives.
• The ability to capture, analyze and document detailed requirements from our internal customers in order to design, develop and support high quality business intelligence solutions, including the development of dashboards and scorecards to enhance user experience
• Providing solutions that promote usability; standardization and self-service opportunities while ensuring the clients ever changing reporting needs are fulfilled in a timely manner
• Staying abreast of emerging technologies to use BI principles to turn data into actionable insights, provide expertise in database schemas and navigate large complex data models in order to aggregate data from multiple sources.
||You must have a diploma in a directly related field from a recognized institution plus 5 years of directly related experience; or a bachelor’s degree in a directly related field from a recognized institution plus 3 years of directly related experience; or technical courses in the field plus 7 years of directly related and relevant experience. Experience to include at least one year at an Application Analyst 1 (Business Analyst 1) level or an acceptable equivalent,
You are a team player with a customer service focus who thrives in a dynamic fast paced environment with good business/technical knowledge of relevant applications, including SQL, Business Intelligence tools such as Qlikview, Crystal Reports
||Finance and Technology
Integrity - Service - Teamwork - Innovation - Community
Click Apply to Job if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.