Looking for a great place to work where your contributions are valued and you can help make a difference in a city of vibrant communities?
This is an incredible opportunity to work for one of BC's top employers for six consecutive years and to contribute to the exciting evolution of the City of Surrey!
Apply to Job Tell A Friend
||Senior Business Analyst (Applications Analyst 3)
||Full Time Regular
||Union - CUPE Local 402
||Under minimal direction, you will investigate, analyze and specify corporate business information systems to meet clients’ business needs. You will consider the business implications of applying information technology to clients’ business environment, and through research and fact-finding, combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements, formulate and define the scope and objectives, and develop information requirements.
As the Applications Analyst 3 – Senior Business Analyst you will function as an expert within a project team environment by providing information related to the area of expertise, provide advice and guidance to junior staff in a proactive manner and for limited time periods, you may be responsible for assisting in planning and organizing work assignments of junior staff.
Your responsibilities may include:
- acting as a lead consultant to clients by providing detailed advice on solutions and/or change to business methods/processes
- working on the requirements, and analysis of the various City’s systems that require business process analysis, workflow review and improvement
- business level understanding of relevant organizational business systems, industry business and process requirements and technology which will ensure that you keep the City of Surrey at the forefront of emerging trends and help achieve the business values and objectives.
You must have ONE of the following:
- a diploma in a directly related field from a recognized institution plus 6 years of directly related experience; or
- a bachelor’s degree in a directly related field from a recognized institution plus 4 years of directly related experience; or
- technical courses in the field plus 8 years of directly related and relevant experience.
Experience to include at least two years at an Application Analyst 2 (Business Analyst 2) level or an acceptable equivalent.
You are a team player with a customer service focus who thrives in a dynamic fast paced environment with good business/technical knowledge of relevant applications.
Please note: We currently are offering a regular full time as well as a one-year term opportunity
||Effective fall 2013, City Hall will be moving to a new state-of-the-art facility located in North Surrey (King George and 104th area). Surrey's New City Hall (NCH) is part of the Build Surrey program, designed to make Surrey an even more exciting place to live and work, and to position the city for growth over the next decade. NCH will act as a catalyst to stimulate job creation in the city and will be easily accessible to residents and businesses.
||This position requires completion of criminal record check.
Integrity - Service - Teamwork - Innovation - Community
Click Apply to Job if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.