Looking for a great place to work where your contributions are valued and you can help make a difference in a city of vibrant communities?
This is an incredible opportunity to work for one of BC's top employers for six consecutive years and to contribute to the exciting evolution of the City of Surrey!
||Survey Assistant - Temporary
||Full Time Temporary
||Reporting to the Survey Manager, the Survey Assistant performs field work under direct supervision in assisting with the obtaining of field data for City survey projects.
As a Survey Assistant, the successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
- Establishing line, grade, size, elevation, and location, including foliage and sight lines, exposing underground utilities to facilitate measurements, and basic maintenance of survey equipment
- Using survey instruments and hand tools
- Assisting in the preparation of field notes and basic survey calculations
- Responding to inquiries from the public
- Assisting other crew members in performing duties
- Other job related duties as assigned
The successful applicant will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and public relations skills
- Able to understand and carry out oral instructions
- Knowledge of mathematics required for survey calculations and field note preparation
- Knowledge applicable safety regulations
Qualified applicants will have completed Grade 12, supplemented by completion of at least two (2) Geomatics courses from a recognized post-secondary institution. A valid Class 5 BC Driver’s license with a safe driving record is required.
***Due to the anticipated high volume of applications, the closing date for this competition is Monday, April 8th, 2013 4:30pm. Applications must be made prior to this date/time.***
||Effective fall 2013, City Hall will be moving to a new state-of-the-art facility located in North Surrey (King George and 104th area). Surrey's New City Hall (NCH) is part of the Build Surrey program, designed to make Surrey an even more exciting place to live and work, and to position the city for growth over the next decade. NCH will act as a catalyst to stimulate job creation in the city and will be easily accessible to residents and businesses.
Integrity - Service - Teamwork - Innovation - Community
Click Apply to Job if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.