Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Human Resource Manager
The Human Resource Manager is responsible for developing the Human Resources and Payroll team and leading and managing its day to day operation. The HR Manager will be responsible for achieving the HR department’s strategic goals and all HR initiatives, processes and programs.
Specifically, the HR Manager is responsible for:
- Develop and implement effective employee recruitment, onboarding and hiring programs to support the manpower, source talent and support succession planning requirements of the organization.
- Facilitate and assist with implementing change management & organizational development activities.
- Lead the performance management process, learning and development programs with a focus on leadership development, employee engagement and succession planning.
- Lead and manage SRP’s total rewards, including merit and job evaluations, benefits, pension and recognition programs
- Prepare and manage the annual budgeting process for the HR function as well as the corporate salaries and benefits budgets.
- Lead, direct, evaluate and develop a team of human resource professionals.
- Act as a business partner to the senior management team, providing counseling and coaching in all people aspects.
- Advise, coach and counsel line management on employee relations' issues, and facilitate teams and groups to help them resolve issues, increase effectiveness, build relationships and achieve business goals.
- Direct the interpretation and application of established HR policies, based on corporate and operational requirements in accordance with Federal/Provincial employment legislation.
- Manage and participate in specific HR projects as required
- Supports the Internal Communication Plan and Crisis Management Team member – Employee Communication
- Merger & Acquisition Team member
- Pension Committee Team lead and member
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field or the equivalent of education and experience (CHRP designation is preferred)
- Minimum of 10 years’ progressive HR leadership experience in a unionized environment.
- Strong business acumen.
- Experience developing and managing operating budgets, benefits budgets, salaries budgets.
- Payroll and HRIS experience
- Training and development and presentation experience
- Total Rewards experience for merit, competitive market pricing and job evaluation
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills in facilitation, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Experience leading and developing others with strong coaching skills
- The ability to interact and influence people cross functionally
- A builder committed to continuous improvement
- Personally invested in the success of the business
- Motivated, focused and accountable for results
||British Columbia [BC]