||Manufacturing Accounting Technician
To provide accurate and timely information on manufacturing processes, including raw material usages, resource (labour) usages and operating supply usages; from the ordering of these materials through to the manufacture of finished goods. Preparation of monthly accruals and reconciliations for Management Accounts.
Maintain accurate and timely records for raw material inventory.
- Set up new raw material and packaging items as requested
- Collect data and perform all functions in inventory system for raw material usages, dispositions, transfers and adjustments for Sun-Rype production.
- Ensure accuracy, and if necessary, correct daily entries by production department within the inventory system
- Understand bill of materials and their effect on inventory levels
- Provide input into setting policies and procedures, and to provide accuracy to ensure practices are within IFRS regulations.
Work with the parts department to maintain parts inventory accuracy
- Set up new parts and cost as requested
- Prepare weekly report in relation to parts spend
- Reconcile month end parts specific accounts
Monthly reconciliation of accrued costs to actual costs for freight, customs, duty & brokerage on beverage raw materials
- Tracking of actual freight, duty, customs & brokerage payments
- Maintain monthly spreadsheets to adjust accrued costs to actual for freight, customs & duty
Preparation of monthly accruals and reconciliations.
- Reconcile & manage work in process inventories
- Analyze production variances and correct coding errors on production orders
- Prepare & provide management reports related to the production variances
- Reconciling of month-end raw material inventory accounts & related journal entries
- Preparation of accruals and reconciliations for monthly management accounts.
Assist in preparation of provincial and federal tax compliance
- Includes gathering information for filing for PST, HST, Environmental Deposits and Stewardship
- A Business Diploma in Accounting or equivalent. Preference given to studying CMA/CGA.
- 2-3 years of experience of accounting in a business environment
- An understanding of Inventory Control Systems
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent communication skills
- Accuracy in data entry
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail
- A demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement
- Personally invested in the success of the business
- Motivated, focused and accountable for results