Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
The Finance Manager has primary responsibility for the Company’s general ledger, financial statements and related reports, including the Company’s product costing models, standard costing, and analysis of inventory, cost of sales, customer sales reports, contribution margin reports and variances at each reporting date. The Finance Manager will have a broad range of skills and responsibilities in achieving the Finance Department’s strategic goals and meeting the informational needs of internal and external stakeholders.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements and supporting analysis
- Approving changes to general ledger accounts and departmental structure within the general ledger
- Review of monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Supervision of Finance staff and review of their work and reports
- Participation on various cross-functional project teams including new or existing products or production changes
- Reviewing internal control documentation, ensuring testing is completed on a cyclical basis, identifying areas for remediation and improvement, and reporting on results
- Managing the determination of standard cost of new and existing products
- Preparation of inventory and cost of sales analysis and reports on a monthly basis
- Preparation and analysis of product sales reports, including analysis by customer and analysis of customer selling expenses
- Analyzing variances from budget and determining and communicating underlying causes with functional departments
- Approving and posting adjusting journal entries
- Preparation of financial models for expansion and acquisition initiatives
- Leading compliance in provincial and federal tax related issues, including PST/GST/HST, Environmental deposits, and federal tax preparation.
- Assisting with US Companies oversight of financials and compliance with US tax laws and regulations including local, state and federal compliance.
- Providing backup for other Finance responsibilities
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Business
- Strong business acumen
- A professional accounting designation
- Five years’ in the accounting field with work experience in a manufacturing or inventory-dependent business
- Comprehensive financial reporting experience
- Demonstrated ability in performing detailed analysis
- Internal controls experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience leading and developing others
- A builder committed to continuous improvement
- Personally invested in the success of the business
- Motivated, focused and accountable for results
||British Columbia [BC]