Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Vice President - Finance & CFO
The VP Finance & CFO will join the company in one of the most critical roles in the organization. With primary responsibility for the direction and management of all finance and accounting operations, including overall responsibility for the financial management of the company. Acting as a business partner to the Chief Executive Officer and an integral member of the Executive Management Team, the CFO contributes fully to the development of corporate strategy and business execution. He/she will also lead or participate significantly in several principal activities, which include the following:
- Develop and lead a high performing finance and information services team; instill and nurture a culture of productivity.
- Ensure that the financial information necessary for use by the operating management and directors is prepared to a consistently high standard;
- Manage the short and long-term financial performance by developing accurate forecasts, monitoring variances to plans and developing action plans to address investment issues;
- Lead risk management activities for the company, including credit risk, insurance and internal controls;
- Direct and monitor all corporate financial affairs of the company which include treasury, tax, controllership, planning, audit, budgeting and financial information services;
- Provide proactive and creative financial advice, counsel and solutions for strategic decisions so that the company can anticipate the needs of the internal/external stakeholders;
- Participate as a key leader in the business planning process. Establish criteria for a growth strategy, and work with the CEO to identify potential acquisition targets;
- Contribute as an active team member on all capital and/or acquisition activities including, the development of the underlying analysis, evaluation of the fit with the company strategy, due diligence and negotiations, and ultimately the integration of acquisitions with the existing business;
- Work with financially related external contacts, including accountants, bankers, systems suppliers and others to ensure a high level of service and business support;
- Ensure that the company is in continuous compliance with all statutory, regulatory, securities, export, tax, employment and other external and internal operating and reporting requirements to which the company is subject;
- Have direct responsibility for the company’s external financial reporting, ensuring compliance with all regulatory standards;
- Maintain integrity of accounting/reporting systems while implementing changes to impose efficiency of processing and improving availability of management information;
- With responsibility for business, manufacturing and communications technology, ensure that the company is supported by an efficient and effective information technology strategy.
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance or business, is required. In addition to, a Canadian CA designation is strongly preferred.
- Has a proven track record of leadership as a Chief Financial Officer or Vice President, Finance in a growing, public company; has built a high performing functional organization, focused on effectiveness and efficiency;
- Experience with Canadian public company statutory reporting and disclosure requirements;
- Experience in a product manufacturing company; skilled in activity based costing;
- Possesses the confidence and presence to be equally at home with the Board, company management, shareholders and financial institutions;
- Exposure, understanding and appreciation of corporate tax strategies and issues;
- Has exposure to acquisitions, including the use of sophisticated financial instruments and structures; has knowledge of the capital markets;
- Solid finance, deal-making and capital structuring skills;
- Able to quickly assess and simulate the financial dynamics of the company and industry, and act quickly on new initiatives;
- Strong knowledge of the Information Technology function within a growing organization;
The CEO and the Board of Directors will look to the Chief Financial Officer for leadership. Highly developed written and oral communication and presentation skills are important. In addition:
- Is able to work in a fast moving, highly competitive business environment;
- Has a demanding, urgent leadership style; embraces change and is committed to performance management;
- Has a reputation for high integrity, high intelligence, creativity and the ability to exercise good judgment;
- Is a team player; is personally collaborative but is willing and able to constructively challenge other executive and management; acts as the conscience and conservative voice of the organization;
- Is able to develop relationships with key stakeholders;
- Can attract, retain and develop key personnel;
- Is technologically literate;
- Has the sophistication, communication, and interpersonal relationship skills to lead through example and influence.
|Application End Date
||British Columbia [BC]