Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Starkey Hearing Technologies
||Mechanical Quality Engineer
||Do you want to use your expertise as a Mechanical Quality Engineer working for a company that changes the world? If you answered yes, Starkey Hearing Technologies has the position just for you!
Starkey Hearing Technologies is headquartered on a 47+ acre campus located in Eden Prairie, MN rewarding employees with beautiful, on-site walking trails. But that’s not all, Starkey has two cafés with outdoor terraces, four weeks PTO, excellent medical and dental coverage, 401k, ESOP, adopt-a-highway programs, community involvement and so much more. Known worldwide for its celebrity endorsements and annual gala, Starkey’s Hearing Foundation supports the gift of hearing and has donated over 110,000 hearing aids globally in 2011 alone, supporting our mission: “So the world may hear”. Voted one of the nation’s Top Workplaces in 2012, Starkey is changing lives the world over.
4-year Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with emphasis in Materials or Mechanical Engineering required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Quality Engineering in a plastic injection molding manufacturing environment required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience of hands on supplier management experience strongly desired.
- Experience with the development and evaluation of measurement systems
- Experience with any of the following: mechanical enclosures, castings, plastic parts, injection molding, tooling, jigs, fixtures, etc. desired
- Experience with plastic injection molding manufacturing
- Demonstrated knowledge of DMAIC problem solving process and associated tools required
- Demonstrated knowledge of process capability methodology required
- Demonstrated knowledge of measuring and modeling relationships between variables required
- Demonstrated knowledge of DFMEA design and execution
- Knowledge of plastic injection molding manufacturing methods required.
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing required.
- Solid understanding of problem solving tools including design of experiments, root cause analysis and statistical analytical tools
- Fundamental understanding of Medical Device Quality Systems regulations (ISO 13485, 21 CFR Part 820) and/or ISO 9001 desired
- In-depth understanding of the audit process including types of audits, planning, preparation, execution, reporting results, and follow-up
- Knowledge of metallurgy and plastics desired
- Knowledge of new product development systems desired.
- Familiarity with medical device manufacturing desired.
- Working knowledge of mechanical quality and reliability concepts, supplier management, and general manufacturing operations.
- ASQ CQE, SSGB desired.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to develop and implement quality programs, including tracking, analyzing, reporting, and problem solving
- Ability to acquire and analyze data using appropriate standard quantitative methods across a spectrum of business environments to facilitate process analysis and improvements
- Ability to audit quality systems for deficiency identification and correction
- Ability to lead and execute Six Sigma DMAIC project
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Excellent people skills required.
- Excellent communication skills required.
||Regular - Full Time
||United States [US]
||6425 Flying Cloud Drive
Transforming the hearing care industry
Starkey Hearing Technologies is a recognized world leader in high quality audio technology. We serve our customers by providing a broad range of hearing devices that meet a variety of hearing needs. Through unsurpassed customer service practices, we strive to bring a human touch to hearing healthcare. Starkey Hearing Technologies' family of companies includes Audibel, Micro-Tech, NuEar, and Starkey. Starkey Hearing Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Vet/Disabled.
Benefits of employment
We offer our full time associates a full benefits package that includes a generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO) plan, Profit Sharing, 401(k), Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), Health and Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability and Flexible Spending. What's more, we're committed to helping our associates attain their full potential through in-house and on-the-job training, and tuition reimbursement.