Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Canada - Richmond, British Columbia
||Junior Hardware Design Engineer
Sierra Wireless is currently looking for a Junior Hardware Design Engineer join our Airlink development team. As a Junior Hardware Design Engineer, you will be responsible for prototyping, circuit debugging, component qualification and ensuring design meets performance targets.
- Work with Senior Engineers.
- Responsible for prototypes, circuit debugging, device configuration and firmware programming.
- Responsible for design verification, component qualification and pre-compliance testing.
- Ability to perform detailed assembly and SMT rework to hardware prototypes.
- Manage the inventory and the flow of hardware prototypes.
- Responsible for installing, configuring, diagnosing, upgrading, development and test equipment.
- Provides support to developers on equipment operation and hardware related issues.
- Hold a degree in Electrical Engineering or diploma of technology.
- New graduates with relevant coop experience are encouraged to apply.
- 1-2+ years of experience in hardware component level debugging.
- 1-2+ years of experience in prototype, assembly and rework of products.
- 1-2+ years of experience in setting up, using test and measurement equipment such as oscilloscopes, network analyzer, spectrum analyzer and logic analyzer.
- Understanding of analog and digital circuits and familiarity with USB and serial interface is required.
- Ability to work in a self-directed and team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of wireless cellular, WiFi, Router and GPS technologies is an asset.