Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Canada - Richmond, British Columbia
||RMA Repair Assistant (1-3 month contract)
||We're looking for an experienced RMA Repair Analyst to join our Customer Service Team. You will be a core member of the RMA team providing various levels of planning, screening, soldering, testing and repairing to all SWI products.
- Hand soldering surface mount components
- Handle the day-to-day Return Merchandise Authorizations (RMA). This includes inspecting units for physical damage, processing units through the associated test cycle, repair defective chips at board level and ultimately configure and package the units for customer return as required
- Maintain the orderliness of the test/repair area
- Perform quality work for refubish packaging according to the specification
- Assist the team in receiving incoming shipments. Auditing incoming shipments for accuracy, unpacking the units and storing the units in the appropriate fashion
- Assist the team in any miscellaneous projects that may arise
|Required Education, Experience & Competencies
- 1 year consistent experience with soldering surface mount components
- A 2 year Electronics technical diploma from a recognized college or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years’ experience with board level repair work
- Experience in service/repair line environment and process
- Intermediate knowledge of PC computing concept as well as working knowledge and experience using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to work on different shifts as needed
- Ability to work alone with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of J-STD-001 (requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies) is preferred
- Knowledge and/or comprehension of basic TCP/IP network concepts is an asset