Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Canada - Richmond, British Columbia
||Sierra Wireless is expanding the wireless world with a comprehensive offering of hardware, software, and connected services for mobile lifestyles and machine-to-machine communications.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Hardware engineer in our head office in Richmond, BC, Canada.
||• Responsible for schematic design, validation and troubleshooting Sierra Wireless AirLink products.
• Responsible to drive component research for a next generation M2M terminal for the AirLink product line.
• Work with PCB engineers to design board placement and layout, which including PCB stack-up definition, component placement and detail routing rule setting.
• Responsible for Gerber and manufacturing files as well supporting the contract manufacturer.
• Design and implement test methodologies to ensure AirLink products meet requirements and performance.
• Drive product verification and certification and regulatory approval activities.
• Test circuit and system during prototype evaluation. Analyze and resolve the design issues.
• Concept-to-product release in company configuration management system.
|Required Education, Experience & Competencies
||• A degree in one of Electrical Engineering or Technology Diploma with relevant industry experience.
• 5+ years of experience in analog and digital circuit design for high volume products.
• 5+ years of experience in hardware design tools and documentation including schematic capture such as Orcad, PCB layout, design simulation tools, etc.
• 3+ years of experience with DSOs, DMMs, cellular call boxes, logic analyzers and load boxes.
• Familiarity with all aspects of the product development life cycle as required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience troubleshooting wireless regulatory compliance issues is an asset.
• Expertise using Wireless communications test equipment such as CMU200 or 8960 of similar equipment and experience with cellular wireless modem is an asset.