Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Canada - Richmond, British Columbia
||Junior RF Designer
||Sierra Wireless is currently looking for a Junior RF Designer/Technologist to join our team. As a member of the RF/Hardware team, you will be responsible for testing and troubleshooting our products, as well as some design duties. There will also be some light lab duties such as organizing equipment and maintaining replacement components.
There will be many opportunities for training in areas around RF design, including RF matching techniques, test methods, and learning to maintain the RF automated test system (ATE).
- Test and verify RF and baseband circuits involving radio transceivers, power amplifiers, and antenna circuits.
- Follow design verification test plans and produce test reports.
- Perform automated test runs (ATE) for various RF bands and technologies.
- Maintain lab equipment and component supplies.
- Minimum education: Diploma in Electronics. Telecommunications and/or RF design background is an asset.
- Relevant experience preferred- other co-op terms or work experience related to electronics.
- Programming language experience with C, C++, or Visual Basic is an asset.
- Some basic knowledge of cellular wireless modems is an asset.
- Both RF and HW knowledge and experience is preferred.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.