Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Canada - Richmond, British Columbia
||Intermediate Software Tools Developer
|Company Overview & Position Purpose
||Sierra Wireless is currently looking for an intermediate Software tools developer to join our product development team. As a Software tools developer this candidate will be working with other members of the engineering and Operations teams. You will be responsible for enhancing and developing software tools that are used in our factory for automatically configuring newly manufactured products as well as utility tools used by our field & product support teams.
- Design, coding, integration, testing, debugging, and documentation of software tool chain used in and integrated with our high volume manufacturing process.
- Developing and testing Software utility programs used by field staff in fast turn conditions needed by the field engineering team.
- Review of software test plans.
- Remote debug of software tool chain process and interfaces at the factory.
- Follow and improve our documented processes used for releasing device solutions to the factory.
- Accurately generate and maintain device configuration files used in high volume manufacturing environment.
|Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Computer Science, Engineering or Technology Diploma and preferred industry experience.
- New graduates with relevant coop experience are encouraged to apply.
- Proficient C, C++ and Python scripting.
- Experience with C# is an asset.
- LTE, UMTS or CDMA experience is a plus.
- Attention to detail in developing quality software programs/solutions.
- Experience in the use of software Configuration Management Systems is highly desired.
- Experience in testing and debugging software solutions needed for a high volume manufacturing environment is desired.
- Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Well organized, detail oriented and excellent analytical skills.