Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Canada - Richmond, British Columbia
||Wireless Device Configuration Specialist
||Sierra Wireless is currently looking for a detail oriented Electronics Engineering or Computer Science Engineer/Technologist with the ability to learn elements of cellular wireless communications and use of our proprietary software tool chain. The candidate would initially be responsible for generating and managing our device configuration spreadsheets used in our wireless modem configuration process. This is a position residing on our Product Development team and requires accuracy and attention to detail. The position will require training by our technical team to follow our documented step by step process. Reporting to our manager of Firmware Development, this candidate will be working with other members of the Engineering, Marketing and Operations teams.
This position has tremendous future potential to move into areas of increased responsibility that could include enhancing and developing software tools used in this configuration process, or utility tools used by our field & product support teams.
||• Participate in cross functional product SKU prioritization meetings
• Accurately generate and maintain device configuration files used in high volume manufacturing environment
• Follow and improve our documented processes used for releasing device solutions to the factory
• Remote debug of software tool chain process and interfaces at the factory
• Future responsibilities could include design, coding, testing and debugging of our proprietary software tool chain integrated with our high volume manufacturing process.
|Required Education, Experience & Competencies
||• Computer Science, Engineering or Technology Diploma
• Proficient in use of Excel and other competent computer skills
• Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Well organized, detail oriented and excellent analytical skills
• Desired skills would include the ability to develop small quality software programs/solutions in C or C++ and possibly Python scripting
• Cellular/Wireless experience such as LTE, UMTS or CDMA experience is desired
• Experience in the use of software Configuration Management Systems is highly desired