Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Canada - Richmond, British Columbia
||JDE Business Analyst
Sierra Wireless is expanding the wireless world with a comprehensive offering of hardware, software, and services for connected devices and machine-to-machine communications. Our customers count on us to help them succeed with innovative, reliable, high-performing solutions and early access to new wireless technologies.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, and highly skilled JDE Business Analyst for our Oracle JDE EnterpriseOne 9.0 platform. This system handles mission critical business processes across all areas of the Enterprise for over 800 business users in North America, Europe, and Asia.
The JDE Business Analystis responsible for the support and continuous improvement of the Enterprise Business Application systems centering on the modules of our JD Edwards EnterpriseOne ERP system. This role leads in the design of systems and applications required to automate business processes and meet business needs including the use of ERP systems, external systems and custom components. As part of a high performing business team, the successful candidate will have the mission to find new ways to optimize system processes and ensure an established path to production by following and refining our present change/management processes.
The successful incumbent defines and ensures the application of best practices in the use of software solutions as they pertain to ERP application development. The JDE Business Analyst will develop or lead the technical and functional activities relating to the resolution of issues or development of deliverables.
The JDE Business Analyst is responsible for assuring applications-related quality, performance, availability, scalability, and integrity. This person is also responsible for the functional interfaces to applications and assurance of application usability. In addition to their technical prowess and exceptional troubleshooting skills, the analyst has a service oriented attitude, strategic outlook, complete sense of ownership, and propensity for team work and communication as a key member of the Information Systems team.
The JDE Business Analystleads design sessions and fit or gap analyses. This person also reviews options and provides recommendations while communicating benefits, risks, and constraints to both the business and the various IT stakeholders. The JDE Business Analystwill continue to support projects, creating the specifications and managing the change process, reviewing deliverables, ensuring that a project stays true to the agreed upon scope, design, budget/timeline and that the specifications are updated to reflect any significant change.
• Responsible for support and the resolution of application issues raised by users or identified as business process deficiencies
• Provides quality solutions and training to enhance our JDE environment or to solve complex business problems
• Articulates, guides, and influences the adoption of JDE solutions to senior management in both IT and business functions
• Reviews solutions to provide quality deliverables that are functional, secure, perform and integrate reliably to specifications and compliance
• Designs a consistent, scalable, global JDE landscape including its integration with other systems that minimizes risk, and maximizes value to customers, while lowering TCO
• Champions process management and continuous improvement
• Advises on JDE functionalities in current and upcoming releases
• Develops a functional solution architecture including system interfaces
• Acts as a point of contact for the business functional team concerning all ERP interface & application changes
• Coordinates impact assessments based on changes
• Coordinates solution assessments based on business requests and priorities
• Applies industry knowledge and best practices
• Leads individuals and teams in application development (i.e. challenging enhancements)
- Depth and breadth of JDE functional and technical knowledge – all modules (5+ years) in a multi-company environment
- Demonstrated experience in solution design, approach, and systems methodology
- Good working knowledge of JDE’s technology (OMW, Report and Application Design Aid, etc.)
- Exposure to third-party tools integrated with JDE (e.g. EDI/E-Commerce, BI, CRM, FormScape etc.)
- Good understanding and/or experience in JDE Distribution, Supply Chain, Sales, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing, HR and Financial modules
- Ability to develop and maintain related specification documents
- Strong troubleshooting and analysis skills and ability to provide creative solutions to problems or business challenges
- Service oriented with a focus on reliability, service-level delivery, and quality of deliverables
- Experience interfacing with vendors, customers and internal business partners to resolve issues and troubleshoot problems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to think and work independently and within a team
- Ability to meet objectives within established time frames
- General knowledge of project management principles, techniques and tools
- Training and communication skills required for new functionality and upgrade rollouts