Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Canada - Richmond, British Columbia
||Hardware Design Engineer
|Company Overview & Position Purpose
||Sierra Wireless is currently looking for an Intermediate Hardware Engineer to join our team. As a member of the Hardware team, you will be responsible for design, validation and troubleshooting Sierra Wireless products.
- Design and test baseband circuits involving switching power supplies, high speed memory interface, USB, battery charging systems for mobile wireless products.
- Manage and track development progress of the product design from conception to mass production.
- Assist with integration testing and troubleshooting of embedded wireless modems in OEM platforms.
|Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum education: B.A. Sc. in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Cellular wireless modem design is an asset.
- Both RF and HW knowledge and experience is preferred.
- Experience troubleshooting wireless regulatory compliance issues is an asset.
- Expertise using Wireless communications test equipment such as CMU200 or 8960 or similar equipment is an asset.
- Basic working knowledge of Hardware and RF in commercial high volume products.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
- Good understanding of electronics manufacturing process is an asset.