Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Canada - Richmond, British Columbia
||Intermediate Web Developer (3MO Contract)
|Company Overview & Position Purpose
||Sierra Wireless is currently looking for an Intermediate Web Developer to join our software development team for a 3-month contract. As a web developer, you will be working with other members of the engineering and product management teams. You will be responsible for enhancing and developing web-based device management software for Sierra Wireless embedded software platforms.
- Design, coding, integration, testing, debugging, and documentation of highly interactive web-pages for the embedded device management.
- Participate in the design and review of UI workflows and mockups.
- Participate in analyzing marketing requirements documentation and develop corresponding software requirements specification, architecture and high level design.
- Participate in developing customer facing documents such as user guide and release notes.
- Assist Software Quality Assurance and Test team to develop System Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Review QA test plan and test cases to ensure complete coverage of targeted features and performance expectations.
- Participate in continuous software development process improvement.
|Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Computer Science or Technology Diploma with relevant industry experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in web page layout, design, usability, and graphics (Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator).
- 3+ years of experience in mobile device or router configuration, management and provisioning development using embedded web server, HTTP, WebKit.
- 2+ years’ experience working on Linux-based systems.
- 2+ years’ experience with Apache server technology, IIS, MYSQL and/or Microsoft Access, (LAMPS/WAMPS) is highly desirable
- Experience with HTML/CSS based applications for mobile phones/tablets (iOS and Android) is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in C# and C++ is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with all aspects of the software development life cycle.
- Well organized, methodical, detail oriented, and excellent analytical skills.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, routing protocols, and IP security would be an asset.
- Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Due to the large number of resumes received, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest in Sierra Wireless, Inc.
Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, or to Sierra Wireless employees. Sierra Wireless, Inc. is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Please, no phone calls regarding this position.