Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Canada - Richmond, British Columbia
||Vice President, Quality
||The Vice President, Quality role, based at the head office in Richmond, has overall responsibility for the Companies Quality Management System, ISO and regulatory compliance, product quality, customer management and customer support and service organizations. Provide oversight and coordination for all requirements, issues and corrective actions worldwide and support the development of strategic initiatives to assure best in class capability.
- Lead Quality departments activities worldwide:
- Focus and follow-up on quality issues for all customers including 8D management, corrective actions and customer communications.
- Coordinate with Operations team on Factory and component quality and processes.
- Companywide quality reporting and metrics.
- Proactive Leadership in system-wide audits across supply network to ensure material, process, product and operational conformance to specifications and other requirements.
- Contract management review for both suppliers and customers to assure requirements are detailed and processes in place to support.
- New product introduction support – component FAIs, product FAIs, customer acceptance reviews.
- Build the organizational capability of the Quality team via effective career development, coaching and mentoring.
- Global perspective and international experience, including the ability to work effectively across a complex global footprint.
- QMS Management – Leadership of both the monitoring of ongoing process controls and leading process improvement projects companywide.
- Focus management on the appropriate metrics and actions based on those metrics across the organization, assuring effective tracking of operational performance.
- Articulate goals and expectations, and communicate effectively with the management team Provide positive motivation to all areas to implement processes and achieve goals with respect to quality of products and services.
- Lead the customer service and support organizations – assure best in class call support and repair capabilities worldwide.
- Lead the company ISO compliance activities –
- Monitor, analyze and promote action
- Drive improvement initiatives
- Ensure process controls are followed to guarantee outgoing Quality meets ISO minimum standards and exceeds customer standards
- Manage re-certification audits
- Represent Quality in Product Development cycles. Develop quality product gates and requirements.
- Regulatory compliance Rohs, Weee, etc…
|Required Education, Experience & Competencies
- 10+ years’ experience working and managing staff in Quality in an electronics manufacturing and product development environment
- Experience with wireless technology manufacturing and telecommunications industry preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Manufacturing, Industrial, or Engineering preferred
- Strong leadership, influencing, and interpersonal skills within a multi-disciplinary and global organization
- Experience leading Quality in product development and manufacturing, and leading quality processes such as PFMEA, PPAP, 8D, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in project management of large scale projects
- Experience working in an ISO environment and creating ISO quality procedures.
- Willing to travel for extended periods of time
- Self-starter that is able to multitask, practices continuous improvement, teambuilding, and is detailed oriented