WHO WE ARE
Sid Lee develops brand experiences—by creating products, services and spaces—and markets them through advertising, experiential marketing, branded content and interactive communications. To embed brands, products, spaces, and services with more meaning and more resonance, we have assembled one of the most multidisciplinary creative teams in the world under one roof.
Our group is led by a team of more than 20 partners. This democratized approach to management has allowed Sid Lee to recruit and retain some of the best talent in different fields. It has also benefited our clients by keeping teams decisional and entrepreneurial.
Based out of our Montreal, Amsterdam, Paris, Toronto and Austin offices, our team has won over 250 awards, reflecting the quality of its work. These efforts have been recognized by Advertising Age, which declared us a runner-up for International Agency of the Year in 2009, and by Marketing Magazine, which named us Agency of the Year in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- For more information, visit www.sidlee.com
As the client’s representative in the agency, the Account Manager fosters a strong relationship built on trust with both the client and internal Account Director and teams. He/She understands like no other the client’s business needs and challenges. They are also committed to delivering Sid Lee’s own creative and business objectives and goals. He/she is responsible for the overall management of projects and always strives to push the standards on agency output and maximization of client relationship, ROI and account profitability.
Account Management (60%)
- Direct all aspects related to keeping the client/agency relationship optimal
- Act as gatekeeper and go to person in between agency and clients
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Account Director
- Ensure in depth awareness of the different fields of play (industry, brand, etc.) and relaying this information to the team.
- Oversee all stages of project planning, executions and deployment to ensure highest level of quality is always met.
- Assure agency resources are marshaled and effectively applied to the account(s).
- Oversee and direct workflow and progress of assigned teams.
- Help maintain the agency’s commitment to a world-class creative product
People Management (20%)
- Motivate and inspire teams to generate imaginative, innovative work and solutions.
- Establish clear directions, set stretching objectives and define clear tasks for team in a well-planned and organized manner
- Day to day management of team as they relate to client needs, goals and objectives
- Maintain two-way dialogue with team members on expectations and results
- Take responsibility for the growth of account/creative production teams through ongoing mentorship and establishment of career growth plans
- Guard maintenance of healthy workloads
Finance Management (10%)
- Ensure accurate and profitable project estimates are shared with clients
- Ensure accurate and timely billing process and debt collecting
- Manage all aspects of retainer setup, including ongoing performance evaluation, creating and sharing timely burn reports and quarterly/annual reviews
- Ensure optimal agency profitability on clients
- Actively search for business development opportunities within existing clients
Strategic Planning/Other (10%)
- Working together with Account Director, lead brand and category related strategic planning, working closely together with client and internal agency strategy team
- Ensure always being up to date on client strategic goals and objectives
- Always be at the forefront of identifying strategic innovation opportunities
- Actively contribute to local agency management discussion with regards to account/people management related subjects
- Leadership identity
- Strong team player
- Creative thinker with a hands-on mentality
- Strong strategic thinker
- Fluent in verbal and written English (French is an asset)
- Strategic understanding of all disciplines of marketing
- Able to identify innovation opportunities
- 5-7 years agency experience