Under the supervision of the Technical Director and Operations, the audiovisual technician is responsible for making the video compressions for the various deliveries requested for a project. They will not be implicated in the editing rooms. The assistant editors will provide them with the final videos they will be working on. They will be managing Jimmy Lee’s Wiredrive site and Sid Lee’s FTP, they will also be cataloging the video elements for Farmers Wife and the rental of audiovisual equipment. With their expertise in audiovisual and information technology, they will called upon to train others on using the various cameras and audio visual equipment.
• Perform video compressions in various formats according to client specifications;
• Make DVD compilations;
• Develop cataloging and the audio and video equipment library;
• Manage material on the media servers (Mediathèque);
• Monitor the flow of material from the vault;
• Manage the rental equipment (cameras, microphones, grip) - (responsible for training people and equipment maintenance);
• Manage Sid Lee’s FTP site and Wiredrive (responsible for system maintenance and training);
• Update Jimmy Lee’s videos on the Bistro monitor and in the Quicklee.
• Vast knowledge of different formats and software for video compression
• Very good knowledge of Mac and PC computer systems
• General knowledge of Avid Media Composer and Final Cut Pro
• Self-educated and resourceful
• Able to work in stressful situations