Our entrepreneurial client represents a very fashionable and well known brand in the jewellery industry. They have been steadily growing over the past few years and are now looking to hire a polished and accomplished District Sales Manager to manage multiple retail locations throughout Ontario. This is an entrepreneurial environment and therefore, an entrepreneurial mindset will be required. The District Sales Manager will be responsible for managing 5 locations across Ontario and a team of 5 Store Managers, along with their retail staff.
You will be responsible for the overall operations including, setting and reviewing KPI’s and sales targets, training, coaching and mentoring of the team, expense management; payroll; marketing and inventory for each location.
In addition to quarterly store audits/reviews, your main goal will be to increase sales quarterly. Therefore, the ideal candidate will possess a strong background and proven experience in meeting and exceeding sales targets. You must be able to represent this brand well when liaising with customers and on behalf of the stores when dealing with corporate head office.
While this position is based in downtown Toronto, you will be expected to be in store locations often and be able to travel. There will also be additional temporary travel when launching and opening new locations. This is a fun company and offers an amazing opportunity for growth. In addition to a base of $60k there is a 10% bonus paid out quarterly, mileage, paid business expenses and other fun perks!
Qualifications needed include:
- Experience managing a minimum of 2 or more store locations simultaneously
- Valid provincial driver's license with access to reliable personal vehicle
- Well-developed interpersonal and leadership by example skills to inspire, motivate and build high-performance sales teams
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to support and implement corporate directives
- Proven track record of success in delivering results and improving store performance
- Demonstrated ability to deliver sales training and teach specific selling techniques
- High-energy self-starter driven by a sense of urgency and a passion to serve and see others grow and succeed
- Ability to travel long distances by car and available to work extended and weekend hours when necessary (majority of this role will be done during regular business hours Mon-Fri)