How to apply:
Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now!
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
||SCM Insurance Services
|Position Title/Titre du poste
||Financial Reporting Clerk
|Job ID/ID Travail
||This position of Financial Reporting Clerk reports directly to the Financial Reporting Analyst and will help round out the finance team. Some of the responsibilities include account reconciliation, preparation and distribution of weekly management reports, monthly journal entries and day to day support. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to be an impact player and to be a key contributor to the Finance department.
This is a full-time position that attracts company benefits such as extended health care, dental coverage, RRSP matching, and 3 weeks annual paid vacation. Location of work is at our head office, located at the Windermere Community.
|Competencies required to succeed
||• Previously demonstrated ability to execute high attention to detail
• Demonstrated proven organizational skills
• Demonstrated behaviors showing initiative and follow-up skills
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Demonstrated professionalism and work ethic
• Proven ability to contribute to and work well within a team environment
• Intermediate experience with Word, and strong Excel skills are required
||• Month-end processing and cutoff
• Month-end journal entries and general account reconciliations
• Weekly management report preparation and distribution
• Assistance with statistical analysis, period variance analysis and budget variance analysis
• Assistance with preparation of monthly and year-end financial statements
• Assistance with preparation of budgets and forecasts
• Assistance with preparation monthly operational reports
• Assigned other project work as it arises, and other duties as required
|Education, knowledge and experience required
||• 1 - 3 years accounting experience
• Highest level education – with preference for those working towards accounting designation
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Intermediate level position
• Works well in a team environment
• Ability to work within tight deadlines
Can't find a position that matches your skills? Submit your resume
, we'll keep it on file and notify you if a right job opportunity comes up.