How to apply:
Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now!
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
||SCM Insurance Services
|Position Title/Titre du poste
||Technical Support Specialist - Markham
|Job ID/ID Travail
|Postion Reports to [Title]
||Director, IT Support Services
We are looking to hire a Technical Support Analyst to join our Markham team. The main purpose of this role is to maintain company computer systems and network. Applicants should work well in a fast paced environment and have proven organizational and prioritization skills.
Please note that the successful applicant will be required to obtain a criminal background check as a condition of employment. This is a full-time position that offers company benefits.
|Competencies required to succeed
- Familiarity with networking hardware and software within a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills;
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills to discuss system administration decision making with management, to train users, and to create documentation.
- Organizational skills to perform scheduled tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to be a contributing member within a cross functional team environment.
- Proven problem solving skills.
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to speak French is an asset
- Windows Server administration experience is an asset
- Applicants extended offers for the position will be required to obtain a RCMP background check
- Process support requests; maintaining accountability and ownership of incident until resolved
- Install, configure, and maintain computer workstations and servers within a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Install, configure and maintain peripherals and network hardware.
- Document configurations and operating standards and practices.
- Implement and monitor security policies.
- Perform data backup and recovery.
- Perform hardware and software upgrades as required.
- Configure and troubleshoot corporate email (Exchange)
- Must be available for on-call after-hours support
- Occasional evening and weekend work and some travel necessary
- Miscellaneous - other duties as required
|Education, knowledge and experience required
- Minimum grade 12 education, with preference given to individuals with post-secondary IT diploma/degree.
- Minimum 2 years related industry experience
- Solid understanding of recent or latest version of Microsoft Windows (Server 2000/2003/2008)
- Active Directory user and group administration
- Experience troubleshooting computer hardware
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, networking technologies
- Experience with email administration (IPSwitch iMail Server, Microsoft Exchange) an asset
Can't find a position that matches your skills? Submit your resume
, we'll keep it on file and notify you if a right job opportunity comes up.