How to apply:
Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now!
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
|Position Title/Titre du poste
||Admin Assistant - St. John's, Newfoundland (1-year Contract)
|Job ID/ID Travail
|Postion Reports to [Title]
||The administrative assistant will be responsible for all administrative support to the branch. The individual will help organize and structure the activities of the claims adjuster(s) in the branch and ensure timely delivery of reports and documents to claimants, insureds and our principal(s) on the files.
*** This is 1-year contract opportunity to fill in for an employee going on maternity leave. The ideal candidate should be available to start by mid-April 2013. ***
|Competencies required to succeed
- Excellent skills in organizing and controlling work
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to use office software such as Word and Excel.
- Strong customer service skills including a strong sense of urgency on sensitive matters
- Organize and prioritize the adjusters’ reporting activities on a weekly basis
- Transcribes data from source documents following generally standardized procedures using coding skills and some judgment.
- File documents, alphabetically, numerically or chronologically.
- Open claims, enter notes and other data provided by the adjuster up to closing the claim in the Aviva system.
- Receive, sort and distribute mail and packages.
- Performs general office duties including answering phone calls, photocopying and scanning documents, etc.
|Accountabilities [and to whom]
- Help maintain abeyance level of 95% on reports and notes for the adjuster, by notifying the adjuster of the priorities of the files
- Transcribing reports prior to the due date for review by the adjuster
- Ensure response and direction for phone calls received within 24 hours of reception.
- Open and manage incoming and outgoing mail on a daily basis
- Ensure accuracy and quality of grammar in the dictated reports.
- Within 5 days of hire, become functional on iAdjust so as to be able to signon and update the in/out board, enter absences and complete requests for cheques and reimbursement of expenses.
- Within 15 days of hire, become functional on the AVIVA system so as to be able to set up claims, enter files notes from information provided by the adjuster, request cheques, change reserves as per adjuster instructions as well as other data entry on the file and closing the claim.
- Within 30 day complete dictation in the system using the procedures and standards identified and available in the system.
- Within 60 days, is capable to search for and apply information relating to standards and procedures for national clients.
- Within 3 months, organize the work flow of the branch to ensure timely completion of dictation and delivery of services to clients.
|Education, knowledge and experience required
- Grade twelve diploma
- A post secondary diploma in Office Administration will be given preference
- Familiarity or previous insurance claims experience will be a definite asset
- 2 - 3 years experience in an administrative support role is required,
- Previously demonstrated ability to execute high attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage changing priorities and proven organizational skills
- Demonstrated behaviors showing initiative behaviors and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Demonstrated professionalism and work ethic
- Proven ability to contribute to and work well within a team environment
- Intermediate experience with Word, and strong Excel skills are required
- All other computer applications –must have the aptitude and ability to learn as required
Can't find a position that matches your skills? Submit your resume
, we'll keep it on file and notify you if a right job opportunity comes up.