How to apply:
Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now!
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
|Position Title/Titre du poste
||Junior Post Loss Appraiser - Edmonton
|Job ID/ID Travail
||As a Junior Post Loss Appraiser, you will provide appraisals on various residential, commercial and industrial properties. You will perform the necessary work to provide liability specification and actual cash value (ACV) appraisals, catastrophe appraisals and appraisals under the Insurance Act, Insurance to Value appraisals.
In addition to the appraisal offering, you will provide specification bid documentation, catastrophe valuations, project management services to our clients as well as complete file audit and reviews in accordance with RMS standards.
Using your field expertise you will perform site inspections, quality surveying, measuring and specifications to provide pricing of various structures. Utilizing time management skills and your marketing/sales knowledge will assist you in meeting daily, weekly and monthly productivity requirements. A deliberate focus to continue to develop and utilize key client relationships, management, and promoting loss appraisal services to ClaimsPro adjusters will allow RMS to achieve its budgeted annual post loss appraisal revenue.
Travel will be required in this role
|Competencies required to succeed
• Possess patience and persistence ensuring work is completed in timely manner.
• Demonstrates appraisal knowledge and necessary software skills to fulfill responsibilities and duties.
• Honors commitment to role ensuring timely and quality customer appraisals.
• Keeps current on industry changes while applying market knowledge.
• The ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external clients.
• Share information with manager and team. Work as a team to achieve marketing and business plan goals.
• Must have excellent written and verbal skills.
• Breaks down complex problems into manageable components.
• Understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues.
• Is creative in generating solutions. Can differentiate between critical details and unimportant facts.
• Demonstrates the ability to analyze and achieve results.
• Manages time to meet deadlines and takes ownership of decisions.
• Keeps information organized and accessible.
• Works systematically/efficiently.
||• Perform the necessary work to provide replacement costs and actual cash value valuations on various residential, commercial, and industrial properties.
• Produce specification bid documents including general conditions, specifications, scope of work, bid sheets for building damage repair.
• Provide recommendations on protection from further damage as well as recommendations to repair or replace building.
• Provide verification of type and cause of damage – hail, water, etc.
• Complete audit and file reviews on completed jobs
|Education, knowledge and experience required
||• Minimum educational requirement: diploma in Construction/Building Science, Construction Management, Architectural or Civil Engineering Technology; or 3-5 years estimating and project management experience in construction or restoration industry.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
• Ability to travel as extensive travel is a requirement of the job
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, good computer skills and ability type a minimum of 35 wpm.
• Excellent data management skills – utilizing spreadsheet software.
• Capacity to learn various electronic and manual estimating systems, Xactimate, MSB BVS and RCT, Means Costworks.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Ability to work autonomously
• Exposure to construction industry and interpretation of building codes is an definite asset.
Can't find a position that matches your skills? Submit your resume
, we'll keep it on file and notify you if a right job opportunity comes up.