How to apply:
Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now!
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
|Position Title/Titre du poste
||Accounts Payable Clerk
|Postion Reports to [Title]
SCM is the largest independent, privately-owned provider of claims management, risk management, and related services in Canada. It is our commitment to strategically evolve our services and expertise to support the ever-changing challenges of our clients. Innovative technology, expert staff, and solid customer service are the hallmarks that distinguish SCM Insurance Services.
Located in Windermere, Edmonton, SCM affords our employees an excellent workplace with easy access, free parking, a roof top patio, and convenient access to shopping.We are currently looking to add an Accounts Payable Clerk to our Finance team.
This position will report to the Assistant Controller and will work with other Accounts Payable staff in delivering effective, timely and efficient services to internal and external clients, in accordance to Accounting Department’s policies and procedures.
|Competencies required to succeed
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Organization skills as well as the ability to pioritize
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Communication skills - written and verbal
- Must be action oriented
- Problem-solving skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively within tight deadlines
- Accurate coding, entry and payment of vendor invoices, expenditures and employee expenses
- Processing, printing and matching to invoices
- Data entry
- Supply ordering (office supplies, postage by phone, etc.)
- Maintenance of Accounts Payable filing and storage of records
- Month-end Accounts Payable reports and accruals
- Special projects as assigned.
- Other financial duties as required
|Education, knowledge and experience required
- Completion of high school education
- Preference will be given to candidates with Accounting Diploma or Degree
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in an account payable role
- Previously demonstrated ability to execute high attention to detail
- Demonstrated proven organizational skills
- Previous experience within a dynamic team will be given preference
- Demonstrated behaviors showing initiative behaviors and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Demonstrated professionalism and work ethics
- Proven ability to contribute to and work well within a team environment
- Computer/ Microsoft software literate, specifically with strong Excel and intermediate Word skills
Can't find a position that matches your skills? Submit your resume
, we'll keep it on file and notify you if a right job opportunity comes up.