How to apply:
Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now!
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
|Position Title/Titre du poste
||Manager, Application Development, Opta
|Postion Reports to [Title]
||VP, Information Technology
|Job Titles and number of people that report to this position
||Systems Analysts and Application Support Technicians
||Reporting to the VP, Information Technology, the Manager for Application Development will be responsible for managing the application development efforts for Opta Information Intelligence (Opta) in accordance with organizational policies and goals. The incumbent will actively participate in programming initiatives as team technical leader
Due to the sensitive nature of this position, the successful applicant will be required to obtain a criminal background check.
This vacancy will remain posted until a suitable candidate is found.
|Competencies required to succeed
- Problem Solving
- Organizational skills
- Results Oriented
- Strong Communication skills
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
- Work with operational and IT management to triage and prioritize application development requests
- Manage timelines and statuses via the work order system for both personal and team development initiatives
- Respond to new programming requests by analyzing needs, designing, programming and testing solutions (both individually and as a member of a development team)
- Monitor production on direct reports and address issues as required
- Manage QA and code review of members of the team
- Coordinate efforts with SCM Infrastructure team to ensure reliable delivery of RMS business systems
|Education, knowledge and experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years experience in application development using relevant technologies:
Event Based Asynchronous Programming
Task Based Asynchronous Programming
MVVM (Not to be confused with MVC)
Web Service Architecture:
Web App Design Concepts:
RIA (Rich Internet Application)
SPA (Single Page Application)
Experience leading teams as a manager or project manager is required
- Project life cycle methodologies
- Planning, Change, and Release management
Can't find a position that matches your skills? Submit your resume
, we'll keep it on file and notify you if a right job opportunity comes up.