How to apply:
Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now!
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
|Position Title/Titre du poste
||Casualty Adjuster (Intermediate - Senior) - Grande Prairie
|Job ID/ID Travail
|Postion Reports to [Title]
||Responsible for the investigation and adjusting of claims, the successful candidate provides SCM standard quality service and facilitates prompt and equitable settlement of claims within the parameters of corporate policies and standards as well as initiates and follows-up on business development opportunities. Other duties as required.
|Competencies required to succeed
||The Independent Adjuster actively adjusts claims while ensuring that business development opportunities are maximized. This involves marketing and follow-up of opportunities in a timely manner. The profile duties create a dynamic portfolio requiring extremely well-honed organizational skills that enable day to day activities to be completed while allowing efficient and effective progress of file management activities.
To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate should have background/experience in Auto, Accident & Benefits (Section B), and Bodily Injury claims.
|Education, knowledge and experience required
- University degree or post-secondary education related to insurance
- Minimum of 3 year’s experience to qualify for Intermediate Level, and minimum of 5 years experience to qualify for Senior Level
- Equivalency in combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Ongoing commitment to education and learning.
- Effective analytical skills, including identification of cause and effect dynamics
- Good investigative manner
- Able to draw valid conclusions and effectively communicate them.
- Ability to interpret complex documents of a legal nature, perform and understand advanced numerical calculations including analysis of comparative information.
- Adjuster’s license, or currently pursuing CIP designation
Advanced communication skills including:
- Effective written skills including those of a technical nature
- Effective oral skills, including listening, interviewing, negotiating, must be able to flex style appropriate to audience.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage conflicting priorities in an effective manner.
- Proactive and positive approach to customer service ensuring that all inquiries are effectively dealt with in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills allowing you to effectively deal with conflict and difficult situations.
- Strong commitment to ongoing education and learning.
Can't find a position that matches your skills? Submit your resume
, we'll keep it on file and notify you if a right job opportunity comes up.