How to apply:
Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now!
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
|Position Title/Titre du poste
||Marketing & Communications Coordinator
SCM is the largest independent, privately-owned provider of claims management, risk management, and related services in Canada. It is our commitment to strategically evolve our services and expertise to support the ever-changing challenges of our clients. Innovative technology, expert staff, and solid customer service are the hallmarks that distinguish SCM Insurance Services. In the Marketing & Communications Coordinator role, you will provide quality service to both internal and external stakeholders and clients. Specifically, this role includes:
- Developing and implementing marketing and brand-building campaigns
- Responding to RFP’s ( request for Proposals) within input from technical specialists
- Creating professional written work and writing sales proposals (e.g. RFPs)
- Managing the company’s brand across all marketing/communication mediums
- Creating and delivering sales collateral/tools to support the selling process
- Planning meetings and promotional events (e.g. speaking events, tradeshows)
- Conducting industry and competitive research
|Competencies required to succeed
- Teamwork with internal and external contacts
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Attention to detail
- Creative thinker / Takes initiatives
- Organizational & Multi-tasking Skills
- Problem Solving skills
- Job Knowledge / Technical Knowledge
- Result Oriented
- We require a professional who is also a big picture thinker. Someone with a strong and disciplined work ethic, who is accomplished in the fundamentals and is looking for a role to make a meaningful contribution.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to grow the company’s brand
- Lead the writing of targeted sales proposals and Request for Proposal/Information (RFP/RFI) responses
- Provide professional writing and communications support for internal and/or external communication initiatives
- Support the development of thought-leadership initiatives like PR releases, editorials, case studies, and whitepapers
- Collaborate, write, edit and provide expertise in developing sales tools, such as promotional collateral and brochures, web content, email campaigns, etc.
- Ensure the proper use of the company’s brand identity and guidelines across all relevant marketing mediums – digital, print, internal/external communication, etc.
- Plan and deliver targeted marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Plan and organize client/prospect meetings, speaking engagements and trade shows by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements; establishing contacts; developing schedules and assignments; coordinating mailing lists, etc.
- Track the effectiveness of various marketing and advertising initiatives – provide actionable reports to senior managers that will inform future decisions
- Monitor budgets by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Conduct industry and competitive research
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading trade and relevant media publications
|Education, knowledge and experience required
- B.A. in marketing, business or organizational development a plus
- A minimum of 3-5 years marketing, communications or sales administrative experience
- Demonstrated writing skills, with post-secondary education in a relevant area
- A service oriented individual who easily instills confidence, can be persuasive and creates strong working relationships
- Excellent business writing skills – ability to rework technical text for a broader audience and create compelling content
- Impeccable grammar, spelling and punctuation skills
- Knowledge of web writing tactics (LinkedIn vs. blog; website vs. press release) and how to optimize for SEO
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and disciplined. Attention to detail is a must for this role
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of marketing and communication
- Demonstrated ability to execute on complex projects from beginning to end
- Comfortable with multi-tasking, managing multiple priorities and meeting several, often movable, deadlines under pressure
Can't find a position that matches your skills? Submit your resume
, we'll keep it on file and notify you if a right job opportunity comes up.