How to apply:
Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now!
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
||RMS Risk Management Services
||British Columbia/Colombie-Britannique [BC][C.-B.]
|Position Title/Titre du poste
||Residential Property Inspector - Vancouver
|Job ID/ID Travail
||This position will schedule appointments with building property managers to conduct loss control inspections on commercial properties, or with home owners, as in the case of residential inspections. The information collected will be prepared in formal reports detailing risk assessment and/or replacement cost value.
The successful candidates should be able to operate a home-based office, and must be able to conduct inspections in their respective regions and surrounding areas. Ideally, you should have a background and knowledge on any of the following:
• Civil Engineering
• Restoration (Estimating)
• Project Management
• Property Management/Inspections
*Please note that success candidates will be required to provide police clearance as part of the hiring process.
|Competencies required to succeed
||• Ability to work autonomously
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to travel within inspection territory (and surrounding areas) for appointments
• Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, good computer skills and ability type a minimum of 35 wpm
• Excellent time management skills
• Property and Casualty insurance knowledge preferred.
• Exposure to building construction and interpretation of building codes is an asset.
• Knowledge of fire services is an asset.
||• Receive inspection requests from clients (insurance companies) and schedule appointments with insured’s to inspect.
• Prepare reports of inspected commercial buildings through web based inspection system and submit within required turnaround time.
• Continuing education as required.
• Coordinate with support staff to address client inquiries and expedite time sensitive cases.
|Education, knowledge and experience required
||• Community college diploma or a combination of education and equivalent industry experience
Can't find a position that matches your skills? Submit your resume
, we'll keep it on file and notify you if a right job opportunity comes up.