How to apply:
Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now!
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
|Position Title/Titre du poste
|Job ID/ID Travail
|Postion Reports to [Title]
||Director Marketing / Communications Manager
||This new position is expected to provide quality service to both internal and externally stakeholders/ clients. The successful candidate will provide support and expertise in the development of communications strategies to support the marketing & sales of SCM products and services. He/she will be responsible for written communication, formulation and implementation of company branding, and industry related communications.
Based in our Edmonton head office located in Windermere Community, this is a full-time position and company benefits will be provided effective upon date of hire.
|Competencies required to succeed
- Clarity of communication – Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing, using conventions proper to the situation; listens well during meetings and feedback sessions; explains reasoning behind own opinions; exercises a professional approach with others using all appropriate tools of communication; uses consideration and tact when offering opinions.
- Attention to detail – is alert in a high-risk environment; follows detailed procedures and ensures accuracy in documentation and data; concentrates on routine work details; organizes and maintains a system of records
- Organizing & Multi-tasking – Able to manage multiple projects; able to determine project urgency in a practical way; uses goals to guide actions; creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks effectively.
- Teamwork with internal and external contacts – Works harmoniously with others to get a job done; responds positively to instructions and procedures; able to work well with staff, co-workers, peers and managers; helps to set a tone of cooperation within the work group and across groups; coordinates own work with others; seeks opinions; values working relationships.
- Provide professional writing and communications in support of SCM’s internal and external communications.
- Manage SCM internal blog and newsletter by collaborating with communications coordinators in various divisions
- Collaborate, write, edit and provide expertise in developing company brochures, case studies, web content and print releases
- Build internal relationships to gather information and important events within the organization
- Support the SCM sales team in responding to request for proposals
- Maintain consistency with the development and implementation of company branding
- Guide and lead SCM’s corporate branding and external communications into such as media releases, news stories, position papers
- Develop and support internal communications working with SCM Leaders to create corporate announcements with regards to IT, HR and Finance, including editor for our internal newsletter.
- Other special projects as assigned
|Education, knowledge and experience required
- University Degree or College degree in communications or public relations
- 3-5 years professional writing experience in marketing and/or sales based applications
- Exceptional written and spoken communications
- Bilingual (French and English) considered an asset
- Previous experience authoring content for multimedia environments
- Self starter, capable of working both independently and in a face-paced team environment
- Proven attention to detail and organizational skills required
- Ability to coordinate with diverse work teams and possesses strong interpersonal skills
Can't find a position that matches your skills? Submit your resume
, we'll keep it on file and notify you if a right job opportunity comes up.