How to apply:
Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now!
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
|Position Title/Titre du poste
||Senior Property Adjuster - Ottawa
|Job ID/ID Travail
||The Independent Adjuster actively adjusts claims while ensuring that business development opportunities are maximized. This involves marketing and follow-up of opportunities in a timely manner. The profile duties create a dynamic portfolio requiring extremely well-honed organizational skills that enable day to day activities to be completed while allowing efficient and effective progress of file management activities
Responsible for the investigation and adjusting of Property claims, the successful candidate provides SCM standard quality service and facilitates prompt and equitable settlement of claims within the parameters of corporate policies and standards as well as initiates and follows-up on business development opportunities.
|Competencies required to succeed
• Effective Analytical Skills
• Effective communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
• Demonstrated organization skills with ability to prioritize and manage conflicting priorities in an effective manner
• Proactive and positive approach to customer service ensuring that all inquiries are dealt with in a timely and effective manner
• Strong interpersonal skills allowing you to deal with conflicting and difficult situations
• Demonstrated and proven leadership skills
• Sense of urgency and responsiveness
||• Assemble information on new, transferred and ongoing claims for the purposes of evaluating the scope of the loss and determining appropriate coverage and indemnification to effectively manage loss and expense costs
• Complete detailed field investigations including scene investigations, scope of the loss, and photos (interior and exterior of property)
• Investigate an ‘out of sight’ inventory loss using records to calculate the loss
• Meet with or contact all relevant parties, obtaining appropriate reports and statements from appraisers/preferred contractors, claimants, insured’s, insurers, and witnesses
• Responsible for applying and explaining applicable coverage to all relevant parties and documenting claims files.
• Following company and client standards/formats, write and submit notes that are concise, objective and thought through, grammatically correct, and well argued, providing clear indications of the status and progress of the claim
• Analyzes information gathered on coverage, liability and quantum to verify authenticity and appropriateness of claims submitted
• Interpret insurance policy wordings; determine policy coverage’s and reserves and processes payment within established authority levels.
• Negotiation and resolution with clients, claimants, legal representatives, and/or service suppliers.
• When required participate in dispute resolution process, discoveries, and make court appearances
• Mobility is important as travel is often required on a daily basis at times outside regular business hours. There are some occasions that require adjusters to be away from the office for short (1 – 2 days) to medium term (2- 4 weeks) time periods depending on the nature of the claims.
• Participate in ECS (Emergency Claims Service) rotation to support after hours claims service to clients.
|Education, knowledge and experience required
||• University degree with minimum 8 year’s experience or a combination of education and related experience.
• Adjuster’s license/CIP designation.
• Ongoing commitment to education and learning.
• Effective analytical skills, including identification of cause and effect dynamics
• Good investigative manner.
• Able to draw valid conclusions and effectively communicate them.
• Ability to interpret complex documents of a legal nature, perform and understand advanced numerical calculations including analysis of comparative information.
Can't find a position that matches your skills? Submit your resume
, we'll keep it on file and notify you if a right job opportunity comes up.