How to apply:
Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now!
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
|Position Title/Titre du poste
||Senior Liability Adjuster - Ottawa
|Job ID/ID Travail
|Postion Reports to [Title]
||Responsible for the investigation and adjusting of Commercial General Liability and BI claims, the successful candidate provides SCM standard quality service and facilitates prompt and equitable settlement of claims within the parameters of corporate policies and standards as well as initiates and follows-up on business development opportunities. Other duties as required.
|Competencies required to succeed
||The Independent Adjuster actively adjusts claims while ensuring that business development opportunities are maximized. This involves marketing and follow-up of opportunities in a timely manner. The profile duties create a dynamic portfolio requiring extremely well-honed organizational skills that enable day to day activities to be completed while allowing efficient and effective progress of file management activities.
||Assemble information on new, transferred and ongoing claims for the purposes of evaluating the scope of the loss and determining appropriate coverage and indemnification to effectively manage loss and expense costs
• Complete detailed field investigations. Meet with or contact all relevant parties, obtaining appropriate reports and statements from claimants, insured’s, insurers, and witnesses
• Responsible for applying and explaining applicable coverage to all relevant parties and documenting claims files.
• Following company and client standards/formats, write and submit notes that are concise, objective and thought through, grammatically correct, and well argued, providing clear indications of the status and progress of the claim
• Analyzes information gathered on coverage, liability and quantum to verify authenticity and appropriateness of claims submitted
• Interpret insurance policy wordings; determine policy coverage’s and reserves and processes payment within established authority levels.
• Negotiation and resolution with clients, claimants, legal representatives, and/or service suppliers.
• When required participate in dispute resolution process, discoveries, and make court appearances
• Mobility is important as travel is often required on a daily basis at times outside regular business hours. There are some occasions that require adjusters to be away from the office for short (1 – 2 days) to medium term (2- 4 weeks) time periods depending on the nature of the claims.
• Participate in ECS (Emergency Claims Service) rotation to support after hours claims service to clients.
|Education, knowledge and experience required
||University degree with minimum 8 year’s experience or a combination of education and related experience.
• Adjuster’s license/CIP designation.
• Ongoing commitment to education and learning.
• Effective analytical skills, including identification of cause and effect dynamics
• Good investigative manner.
• Able to draw valid conclusions and effectively communicate them.
• Ability to interpret complex documents of a legal nature, perform and understand advanced numerical calculations including analysis of comparative information.
• In depth knowledge of legal principles and case law surrounding issues such
Occupiers Liability Act
Dog Owners Liability Act
Parental Liability Act
Sale of Goods Act
• Strong computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to learn new technical systems
• Demonstrate an understanding of privacy requirements in claims handling
• Working knowledge of financial statements and accounting records relevant to claims
Can't find a position that matches your skills? Submit your resume
, we'll keep it on file and notify you if a right job opportunity comes up.