How to apply:
Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now!
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||SCM Insurance Services
|Position Title/Titre du poste
|Job ID/ID Travail
|Postion Reports to [Title]
||Director Marketing / Communications Manager
||This key role is expected to provide quality service to both internal and externally stakeholders/ clients. The successful candidate will provide support and expertise in the development and production of all graphics for ads, internal presentations, web design, external communications, posters, banners etc.
Based in our Edmonton head office located in Windermere Community, this is a full-time position and company benefits will be provided effective upon date of hire.
|Competencies required to succeed
- Clarity of communication – communicates effectively both verbally and in writing, using conventions proper to the situation; listens well during meetings and feedback sessions; explains reasoning behind own opinions; exercises a professional approach with others using all appropriate tools of communication; uses consideration and tact when offering opinions.
- Attention to detail – is alert in a high-risk environment; follows detailed procedures and ensures accuracy in documentation and data; concentrates on routine work details; organizes and maintains a system of records.
- Organizing & Multi-tasking – able to manage multiple projects; able to determine project urgency in a practical way; uses goals to guide actions; creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks effectively.
- Initiative Taking – plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions; makes constructive suggestions; prepares for problems or opportunities in advance; undertakes additional responsibilities; responds to situations as they arise with minimal supervision.
- Teamwork with internal and external contacts – works harmoniously with others to get a job done; responds positively to instructions and procedures; able to work well with staff, co-workers, peers and managers; helps to set a tone of cooperation within the work group and across groups; coordinates own work with others; seeks opinions; values working relationships.
- Job Knowledge / Technical Knowledge – demonstrates knowledge of techniques, skills, equipment, procedures and materials. Applies knowledge to identify issues and internal problems; works to develop additional technical knowledge and skills.
- Continuous Learning – continually self-assesses and seeks feedback from others to identify strengths and weaknesses and ways of improving; pursues learning opportunities and ongoing development; tries new approaches to maximize learning in current situations; integrates new learning into work methods.
- Design/creative conceptions of print, presentation and marketing tools (posters, banners, brochures, flyers, product packaging, logo development, etc.)
- Design and layout graphic elements of website interface using Adobe Photoshop.
- Graphic maintenance on existing designs to reflect current marketing needs.
- Use of internal high speed printers, large format printers , plotters, paper cutters and other equipment for production of marketing materials
- Collaborate and coordinate with clients, partners to meet above average product expectations.
|Education, knowledge and experience required
- A post-secondary education in Graphic and/or Web and/or Multimedia Design or the equivalent degree/experience.
- 1-3 years’ experience directly related to applied Graphic Design.
- Superior skill-set in Graphic Design demonstrating advanced knowledge of current design techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to translate client’s needs and ideas into a professional, appealing and personal graphical representation based on provided information, graphics and vision for the project.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of Branding, Concept Development, Package Design, Advertising, Promotions, Direct Marketing, Web Marketing, Social Marketing, Pre-Press Production.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of design to print process (how should completed files be received by the printer – including: high resolution photos, color for cmyk and spot breakdown, line screens, and font usage.)
- Attention to aesthetics, detail and a strong understanding of “layout” an absolute must.
- Software Requirements:
- Advanced applied knowledge in recent versions of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and other Creative Suite products.
- Proficiency in Dreamweaver and HTML/CSS skills are a huge asset.
- Proficiency in Flash and Action Scripting are a definite asset to the ideal candidate
Can't find a position that matches your skills? Submit your resume
, we'll keep it on file and notify you if a right job opportunity comes up.