How to apply:
Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now!
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
|Position Title/Titre du poste
||Senior Claims Adjuster - Peace River
|Job ID/ID Travail
|Postion Reports to [Title]
||Responsible for the investigation, negotiation and settling of different types of claims that are complex or matter of dispute, the successful candidate will provide Claimspro standard quality service and will facilitate prompt and equitable settlement of claims within the parameters of corporate policies and standards as well as initiating and following-up on business development opportunities.
Your expertise must either be in Property or Multiline field adjusting and depending on your years of experience you can be hired either at Intermediate or Senior level. Furthermore, you must have leadership potential to assume Branch Manager position within a given of period of time.
|Competencies required to succeed
||The Independent Adjuster actively adjusts claims while ensuring that business development opportunities are maximized. This involves marketing and follow-up of opportunities in a timely manner. The profile duties create a dynamic portfolio requiring extremely well-honed organizational skills that enable day to day activities to be completed while allowing efficient and effective progress of file management activities.
• Ability to handle both personal lines and commercial claims
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to negotiate
• Time Management
• Team orientation
- Upon receipt of a file, meet rapidly with the insured, as well as any other party involved, to inquire on any situation which could bring about issues on coverage and policy interpretation
- Investigate facts and circumstances to determine the cause and liability of loss; document the file by obtaining statements, photographs and other evidence, and verify all items pertinent to the insurance contract, including limitations, conditions and exclusions.
- Establish quantum of damages himself or through a specialist.
- Negotiate a settlement which is fair and satisfactory to all parties. If necessary, may have the settlement amount authorized by the insurer. In the case of potential subrogation, advises the insurer.
- Perform duties assigned to him/her in compliance with established work standards, policies and procedures.
|Education, knowledge and experience required
- Completion of high school education
- At least 5 years of relevant experience as an Independent Adjuster; equivalencies for combination of education (e.g., University degree) and industry experience will be considered.
- Level 2 or 3 Adjuster’s license; CIP or working towards obtaining CIP designation
- Ongoing commitment to education and learning.
- Effective analytical skills, including identification of cause and effect dynamics
- Good investigative skills
- Able to draw valid conclusions and effectively communicate them.
- Ability to interpret complex documents of a legal nature, perform and understand advanced numerical calculations including analysis of comparative information
Advanced communication skills including:
- Effective written skills including those of a technical nature
- Effective oral skills, including listening, interviewing, negotiating, must be able to flex style appropriate to audience. Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage conflicting priorities in an effective manner.
- Proactive and positive approach to customer service ensuring that all inquiries are effectively dealt with in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills allowing you to effectively deal with conflict and difficult situations.
- Strong commitment to ongoing education and learning.
Can't find a position that matches your skills? Submit your resume
, we'll keep it on file and notify you if a right job opportunity comes up.