How to apply:
Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now!
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
||XPERA Risk Mitigation and Investigation
|Position Title/Titre du poste
||Branch Manager, Investigations - Ottawa
Forensic Investigations Canada is currently seeking a Branch Manager for our Ottawa office. From this office, FIC serves insurers with investigative services such as investigations into property and casualty claims, bodily injuries claims, long-term and short-term disability claims, legal support for civil litigation and criminal litigation, and fraud pertaining to loss prevention
We are looking for a dynamic leader that will manage and guide a team of investigators and professional staff, motivating them to meet productivity expectations and monitor performance standards to ensure service level requirements are met.
You will also use their initiative, drive, and business acumen to promote and develop new business and grow with the existing customer base.
|Competencies required to succeed
- Ability to lead people effectively and influence team goals.
- Ability to communicate concepts from theory to on-the-job practice.
- Ability to stay current on industry trends through various learning strategies.
- Provide individual coaching to investigation and office staff, addressing specific concerns.
- Encourage your team to be competent and strong in the work they perform.
- Demonstrated skills for effectively managing people and services.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Ability to use the most effective form of communication to deliver messages to the team.
- The ability to contribute to timeliness and quality displaying technical expertise and managerial skills.
- Ability to look at situations and continue to strive for solutions that meet the needs of all investigators involved.
Duties for this position may include but not limited to:
- Oversee the intake of all files, assignment of all files, and update clients on file progress to completion
- Ensure quality standards are met ensuring compliance/accuracy and efficiency by reviewing and signing-off of reports before being sent to client & verifying time cards and creation of final invoice to client
- Handle client complaints; monitor and ensure resolutions reached
- Responsible for all aspects of people management i.e. recruitment, performance managemen. Supervise investigators and monitoring of compliance with FIC Standards and Practices. Act in a consultative and advisory capacity to coach, monitor and mentor office staff and investigators.
- Support technical training and other development requirements
- Monitor and assess resources (capacity) vs. volume in conjunction with Human Resources and the management team
- Leverage key industry contacts to identify, qualify and develop new customer accounts and potential RFP proposals
- Maintain and build key client relationships within the industry
- Ensure Branch performs to customer expectations and understand key customer concerns, as well as, opportunities within the region.
|Education, knowledge and experience required
- A post-secondary degree or diploma (in a related discipline).
- 3+ years of field experience as an investigator
- Management experience leading teams.
- Experience in implementing strategic / tactical business plans and managing budgets
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage conflicting priorities in an effective manner.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and excellent computer skills
Can't find a position that matches your skills? Submit your resume
, we'll keep it on file and notify you if a right job opportunity comes up.