How to apply:
Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now!
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
|Position Title/Titre du poste
|Postion Reports to [Title]
||VP Finance / Assistant Controller
||Providing excellent analysis and accounting administrative support to the Assistant Controller, this role will be a key contributor to the success of the Finance department.
This full-time position will be based in our Edmonton Head Office. Flexible benefits program will be provided upon date of hire.
|Competencies required to succeed
- Quality of Work – Maintains high standards despite pressing deadlines; does work right the first time; corrects own errors; regularly produces accurate, thorough, professional work.
- Attention to Detail – Is alert in a high-risk environment; follows detailed procedures and ensures accuracy in documentation and data; concentrates on routine work details; organizes and maintains a system of records.
- Organization – Able to manage multiple projects; able to determine project urgency in a practical way; uses goals to guide actions; creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks effectively.
- Problem Solving – Anticipates problems; sees how a problem and its solution will affect other units; gathers information before making decisions; weighs alternatives against objectives and arrives at reasonable decisions; works to eliminate all processes which do not add value; takes informed risks; recognizes and accurately evaluates the signs of a problem; analyzes current procedures for possible improvements; notifies supervisor of problems in a timely manner.
- Initiative – Plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions; makes constructive suggestions; prepares for problems or opportunities in advance; undertakes additional responsibilities; responds to situations as they arise with minimal supervision; creates novel solutions to problems; evaluates new technology as potential solutions to existing problems.
- Teamwork – worksharmoniously with others to get a job done; responds positively to instructions and procedures; shares critical information with everyone involved in a project; works effectively on projects that cross functional lines; helps to set a tone of cooperation within the work group and across groups; coordinates own work with others; seeks opinions; values working relationships; when appropriate facilities discussion before decision-making process is complete.
|Education, knowledge and experience required
||• Accounting knowledge required
• A post-secondary diploma in Accounting/Office Administration will be given preference.
• Minimum 2 - 5 years experience in an accounting support role is required
• Previously demonstrated ability to execute high attention to detail
• Demonstrated and proven organizational skills
• Demonstrated behaviors showing initiative and follow-up skills
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Demonstrated professionalism and work ethic
• Proven ability to contribute to and work well within a team environment
• Strong Excel skills are required
• All other computer applications –must have the aptitude and ability to work with technology and learn as required
Can't find a position that matches your skills? Submit your resume
, we'll keep it on file and notify you if a right job opportunity comes up.