How to apply:
Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now!
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Yukon Territories [YT]
|Position Title/Titre du poste
||Claims Adjuster - Intermediate - Multi-Line
|Job ID/ID Travail
|Postion Reports to [Title]
||The successful candidate will investigate all types of personal lines claims, assess damages and negotiate settlement on behalf of self-insureds or insurance companies.
Depending on the level of experience and area of expertise, the candidate hired will adjust “All Lines” claims, at the Intermediate level. Furthermore, he/she will provide SCM standard quality service and facilitates prompt and equitable settlement of claims within the parameters of corporate policies and standards as well as initiates and follows-up on business development opportunities.
|Competencies required to succeed
||• Excellent knowledge of property and liability losses
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to negotiate
• Ability to prioritize and efficient in time management
• Works effectively in teams
- Upon receipt of a file, meet rapidly with the insured, as well as any other party involved, to inquire on any situation which could bring about issues on coverage and policy interpretation
- Investigate facts and circumstances to determine the cause and liability of loss; document the file by obtaining statements, photographs and other evidence, and verify all items pertinent to the insurance contract, including limitations, conditions and exclusions.
- Establish quantum of damages himself or through a specialist.
- Negotiate a settlement which is fair and satisfactory to all parties. If necessary, may have the settlement amount authorized by the insurer. In the case of potential subrogation, advises the insurer.
- Perform duties assigned to him/her in compliance with established work standards, policies and procedures.
|Education, knowledge and experience required
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a University degree with 5 - 7 year’s experience insurance claims adjuster.
- Adjuster’s license preferred;
- CIP or working towards obtaining CIP designation
- Ongoing commitment to education and learning.
- Effective analytical skills, including identification of cause and effect dynamics
- Good investigative manner
- Able to draw valid conclusions and effectively communicate them.
- Ability to interpret complex documents of a legal nature, perform and understand advanced numerical calculations including analysis of comparative information
Advanced communication skills including:
- Effective written skills including those of a technical nature
- Effective oral skills, including listening, interviewing, negotiating, must be able to flex style appropriate to audience. Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage conflicting priorities in an effective manner.
- Proactive and positive approach to customer service ensuring that all inquiries are effectively dealt with in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills allowing you to effectively deal with conflict and difficult situations.
- Strong commitment to ongoing education and learning.
Can't find a position that matches your skills? Submit your resume
, we'll keep it on file and notify you if a right job opportunity comes up.