How to apply:
Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now!
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
||SCM Insurance Services
|Position Title/Titre du poste
|Job ID/ID Travail
|Postion Reports to [Title]
||Applications Development Manager, Western Canada
||This position creates, reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including coding, testing, debugging and documenting programs.
|Competencies required to succeed
- Ability to programmatically come up with efficient well thought out solutions for complex business problems.
- High attention to detail.
- Proven organizational and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to be a contributing member within a cross-functional team environment.
- Service Driven – approachable, able to deal with concerns in an effective manner
- Strong communication skills
- Independent thinker - A degree of creativity and latitude is required when coming up with solutions to problems
- Respond to new programming work order requests by analyzing needs, designing, programming and testing solutions (both individually and as a member of a development team).
- Debug/maintain/enhance existing software applications
- Manage timelines by effectively prioritizing tasks and keeping open lines of communication with management
- Collaborate with other programmers within a team environment
|Education, knowledge and experience required
- Minimum grade 12 education, with preference given to individuals with post-secondary programming diploma/degree
- Visual Studio Development experience – VB.NET, ASP.NET, VB6, ASP
- Relational Database knowledge - T-SQL, stored procedures, basics of SQL Server database administration
Please note that applicants invited for an interview may be asked to participate in a coding exercise. Position also requires that successful applicants obtain a criminal background check.
This vacancy will remain posted until a suitable candidate is found.
Can't find a position that matches your skills? Submit your resume
, we'll keep it on file and notify you if a right job opportunity comes up.