How to apply:
Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now!
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||SCM Health Solutions
||British Columbia/Colombie-Britannique [BC][C.-B.]
|Position Title/Titre du poste
||Kinesiologist/Occupational Therapist (Functional Assessor)
|Job ID/ID Travail
||The Kinesiologist we are looking for will be a Functional Assessor who will perform a variety of assessments for clients, both in the Cira Medical Services environment and at the client’s site. The Functional Assessor will conduct evaluations, write reports and provide quality assurance on other health professionals’ reports, as time permits. This individual will also be a technical resource to IMA Clinic staff.
|Competencies required to succeed
||• Clinical background
• Proven ability in a similar role
• Demonstrated communication skills (oral and written)
• Interpersonal skills: external (assessors), internal (superiors), peers and subordinates
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
While the specific tasks of the IMA Functional Assessor vary depending on the environment, the duties & responsibilities typically include:
- Responsible for performing and reporting on FCE’s (Functional Capacity Evaluations), JSA’s (job site analyses), office and industrial ergonomic assessments, PDA’s (physical demands analysis), and CFCs (Cost of Future Care Assessments) both at Cira Medical Services locations and off-site
- Defend/explain results of assessments/evaluations in medical legal cases (approximately 75% of referral volume)
- Communicate with and demonstrate to examinees the tests to be performed, ensuring that examinee safety is preserved at all times
- Coordinate the maintenance and upgrade of all testing equipment
- Act as a technical resource for Internal staff regarding assessment protocols and professional information
- Revise and update assessment report templates as required
- Conduct QA reviews of medical assessors reports
- Some travel will be required, to attend meetings, evaluations and assessments at client-site
- Other related assessments and tasks as required
- Other duties as required.
|Education, knowledge and experience required
- University degree in Kinesiology, Human Kinetics, Occupational Therapy or Physical Therapy
- Minimum 5 years experience in healthcare/health services setting is a requirement; must have experience with FCE reports and protocols, minimum of 3 years of experience conducting medical legal assessments
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook for reports and for normal office correspondence.
- Any other specialized skills that are required for this role
- Must be certified or licensed by provincial college or association
- Certified and trained to perform FCEs (Matheson, ARCON, Hanoun, Isernhagen or similar)
- High attention to detail for medical legal reporting standards
- May be required to give presentations at client sites
Can't find a position that matches your skills? Submit your resume
, we'll keep it on file and notify you if a right job opportunity comes up.