How to apply:
Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now!
and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
|Position Title/Titre du poste
||Branch Manager, Ottawa
||The Branch Manager will actively manage the branches dynamics which involves leading and managing staff, proactive customer contact with respect to quality and service issues while building the individual business reputation, training and development of staff and overseeing efficiency of operations.
|Competencies required to succeed
• Demonstrates a thorough understanding of SCM’s business. Administers human, financial material, and information resources in a manner that instills trust and accomplishes the organization’s mission, vision and goals.
• Develops effective, highly-motivated individuals and teams to achieve common goals. Inspires, motivates and guides others toward goal accomplishments.
• Consistently develops and sustains cooperative working relationships. Encourages and facilitates cooperation within the organization and with customer groups; fosters commitment, team spirit, pride, trust. Respects, acknowledges and recognizes the contributions of each individual.
• Works to achieve results and improve individual and organizational contributions.
• Demonstrates initiative and resourcefulness to achieve desired goals and objectives.
• Strives for excellence. Brings issues to a close in a timely manner. Strives to continuously move the organization forward while effectively and efficiently maximizing the use of resources.
• Creates and sustains an organizational culture which encourages others to provide the quality of service essential to high performance.
• Builds long-term and on-going relationships and clients, stakeholders and partners, both internally and externally. Develops contacts and relationships to further growth and to achieve results.
• Actively listens to what others have to say and responds in a clear, concise and diplomatic manner. Is self aware, perceptive and sensitive to the attitudes, feelings and concerns of others.
• Communicates effectively in conversation and in writing with a broad range of stakeholders, including employees, clients, and shareholders.
• Responsible for the management and collection of account receivables
• Responsible for the management of adjusters billings and maintaining the level of interims as per company standards
• Responsible for revenue contributions and margins
File Quality / Customer Service
• In preparation for QA file reviews, review billings and fees in accordance with client billing expectations and corporate standards
• Handle insured and client complaints, monitor and ensure resolutions reached
• Review, analyze, revise, and sign adjuster’s reports, ensuring compliance/accuracy and efficiency
• Review fees for accuracy and quality
Technical Expertise and Support
• Acts in a consultative and advisory capacity on claims matters and technical issues such as: liability determination, investigation, policy interpretation, settlement negotiation, and reserve establishment for claims
• Provides file review feedback and in some cases direction on file completion
• Manage budgeted revenue expectations in conjunction with individual adjuster production
• Prepare and discuss performance reviews with staff members
• Provides guidance and feedback regarding performance
• Support technical training and other development requirements
• Coordinate and facilitate staff meeting on a regular basis
• In conjunction with the Licensing Officer, monitor and track licensing status/issues with FSCO and manage criteria for all direct reports
• Monitor and assess resources (capacity) vs. volume in conjunction with Human Resources and the management team
• Responsible for the recruitment and selection of adjusters
• Responsible for meeting business development objectives as set out by the Corporation
• Support the account management and effective partnerships with dedicated accounts; running performance overviews and producing monthl
|Education, knowledge and experience required
||• University degree/college diploma preferred or equivalent business experience.
• CIP / FCIP designation or actively pursuing and/or nearing completion of same.
• Minimum of 10 years claims adjusting experience with experience at the management level
• Field Claims adjusting experience required.
• Strong communication skills, including listening, interviewing, negotiating, and must be able to flex style appropriate to audience
• Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage conflicting priorities in an effective manner
• Proactive and positive approach to customer service ensuring that all inquiries are effectively dealt with in a timely manner
• Strong interpersonal skills allowing you to effectively deal with conflict and difficult situations
• Strong commitment to ongoing education and learning
Can't find a position that matches your skills? Submit your resume
, we'll keep it on file and notify you if a right job opportunity comes up.